Motor question

Sorry, new here. I just picked up a frame from a friend. Getting it home, I tried to get a predator 212 engine in the frame. It didn't fit. The exhaust and the carb didn't allow the motor to sit in the frame. i realize these could probably be relocated, but my biggest concern was the motor's shaft location forced the motor to the extreme right side of the frame. Far enough that I was concerned about overall balance when finished.

Will a 3 hp motor be significantly less in width than the 6.5 allowing the clutch to align with the drive sproket without putting the motor drastically off balance? From the specs I found, the overall width of the 3 HP was about 3" less. In practice are they much smaller, since I recognize the overall width is for everything, some part like the exhaust may need to be modified.

Flip the clutch (sprocket inboard), that will allow you to better center the 212.
I did try flipping the sprocket inboard. It still wasn't enough. I was able to get a 79 cc motor in the frame much easier. I suppose I could have added a jack shaft, but I'm not that committed to the project yet.

I did try flipping the sprocket inboard. It still wasn't enough. I was able to get a 79 cc motor in the frame much easier. I suppose I could have added a jack shaft, but I'm not that committed to the project yet.
How were you able to get the 79cc engine in there? I can mount it if I drill some holes up front - but I'd have to extend the chain by a fair bit. Did you raise the mount or something?