Need Help With Boonie Bike Jack Shaft

Well I was very lucky to find a Boonie Bike in my area, It is pretty much all original, motor,frame,seat,engine etc. But I need help with the two speed jackshaft. The clutch has only 1 sprocket and the shifter cable has broken off. I would like to replace the shifter on the "transmission" but I do not know where it attaches to on the bike.

I have searched the forums and was able to find many pictures of some great looking Boonie bikes but I could not locate what I am looking for.

Side note is it possible to connect an electric start on the stock boonie engine ?

Heres some pic's but the parts will be hard to find, mine still doesn't work properly after replacing a ring though everything looks right. :doah: I'll probably put a Tav on it anyway.

Last edited:
If you plan on riding it a lot, I would replace the original transmission. They hit pretty hard and if you are going to use it alot I would be scared of it breaking, then all the time spent would be down the drain. Else get on for show and another for riding. Took me weeks to find all the parts to make one and I was calling all over. Luckily found some guy on half dead yahoo group that actually responded and got some parts!

Sincere's Mini-Bike Service Book has a 40 page section on complete assembly of the Boonie Bike. Full text with excellent reference pics. I found a copy at a local library. Seem them on Ebay on occasion also.

Mac

Sincere's Mini-Bike Service Book has a 40 page section on complete assembly of the Boonie Bike. Full text with excellent reference pics. I found a copy at a local library. Seem them on Ebay on occasion also.
..Check out eBay item number: 290281535977
I would hold out for a cheaper one if I was you.

kbs8ball

There is a bracket that the end of the shifter cable attaches too...the shifter cable moves this bracket out from under the flange thing on the trans to allow it to spin and go in second gear...on the boonie if you hold back the flange im speaking of the bike stays in low gear. the bracket stops the flange from spinning with the small sprocket.

kbs8ball

I have the bracket im talking about. im also thinking of selling my complete rebuilt boonie transmission in favor of going much faster.

join the club im looking for a jackshaft with the 2 speed setup for my boonie also trying to bring it to original have a ton of stuff for trade for that

WOW! thank you for the great responses, and information everyone has given me. I will look it over ( as soon as I get out of work) . And update if I need to... Once again thanks for everything