Need some help with rear brake

Hello everyone. New member here seeking some advice. This mini bike I have been getting going again was one that my mom had as a kid and was sitting in some barn after my cousin had his way with it. I have been tinkering on it with my students but I have got to the point where I can't quite figure out what to do with the rear brake. I see a guy name Dr. Shop Teacher was presumably selling some solutions to my problems but it seems its been almost a year since he has posted on here. Does anyone have a contact for him or know anything about these gilson rear brakes and where to get parts. I have the rear drum, but nothing else.

Thanks!

Attachments

Mr. Pink

I'm nuts, and this has nothing to do with your question about the brakes on this bike.
But by using a hair dryer you can easily remove and reposition the vinyl 212 sticker on the starter. ;)
Also, the restoration is lookin' great!

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouragement guys. This is what I came up with yesterday. At least for now. At some point I need to turn down a replacement drum. I have one already but its too tall or the hub center isn't correct. Something I will fix on the lathe at some point. Great idea on the sticker. I will do that today while hooking up the wiring for the lights.

Attachments

Lizardking

Thanks for the encouragement guys. This is what I came up with yesterday. At least for now. At some point I need to turn down a replacement drum. I have one already but its too tall or the hub center isn't correct. Something I will fix on the lathe at some point. Great idea on the sticker. I will do that today while hooking up the wiring for the lights.
Glad you worked something out. Enjoy!