New project bike - 1st step...what is it!?

Hi, this is my 1st mini bike. I picked it up as a project for my nephew and I.

It runs but it's in rough shape. (oil leak, clutch installed backwards, bad tires/wheels, trashed throttle linkage, etc.)

Hoping to figure out what it is so I can get documentation and parts so we can get to work!

Looking over the pics and vintage ads on the forum it kind of looks like a Sensation MB-6L but it doesn't have a springer front fork.

The rear wheel does say Sensation MFG Co but who knows, that might have been a later replacement part someone picked up.

It also looks like the engine is a Briggs 3HP, but the model# is lost under several layers of old paint.

Yeah it's a Ruttman for sure.. The Briggs is probably a 2.5 with that carb.. Although those parts may have been swapped out along with the rear wheel... I can't believe how far out of whack that chain is.. :doah: I hope they didn't ride it like that... or TRY to... :lol:

Thanks for the ID on the bike!

Yes not sure why the clutch was that way but at least they didn't try to drill new holes and offset the motor hehe.

Lots of info on here about the Ruttmans, more than we could ever figure out ourselves!