Old engine haul- mostly Briggs

RadRacer203

Just got back from my latest haul of old engines and I think I got a good selection. Only 2 engines that will be going on mini bikes in the near future but some other really cool ones! There's a Briggs FI and FH that are gonna be display engines but I really want to get a 30's mower that fits the FI, the 2 impact drivers were free, the maroon one is a 5s with a stuck exhaust valve probably that's going to my friend, the generator in back I got mainly for the skid it's on, I'll probably mount the FH to it, the Wisconsin Robin was sitting outside for 10 years, I put some gas in the carb and it started right up. That one is going on my friend's bike. And last but not least is the Kohler k91, military I believe because it has the extra shielding on the spark plug and wire. It's locked up but I filled it full of marvel mystery oil, and it's super clean so I'm sure it's just stuck rings from sitting. The FH was restored a while ago and should run after I clean the dust out of the carb, and the FI needs the valves lapped, the new tank installed, and probably sludge taken out of the oil pan but it should run too.
0801201719_HDR.jpg

That generator looks just like what the old movie theaters had for emergency lighting requirements. The generator was automatically fed 36volts dc from a battery bank to get it started if the power went out. The data plate on the generator will be de-rated to a meager 110volts at only 800 watts.

RadRacer203

That generator looks just like what the old movie theaters had for emergency lighting requirements. The generator was automatically fed 36volts dc from a battery bank to get it started if the power went out. The data plate on the generator will be de-rated to a meager 110volts at only 800 watts.
I think it's only a 2hp motor, probably a little home generator. I got it mostly for the skid it's on but if I can find another 2hp motor I'll test it out and see if it actually works still