Old School race motor questions

MCCULLOCH kart engine. 100cc looks to be in great shape. Would need the pullstarter and you would probably need to go on a vintage kart site or ebay to find it. They have been out of business for many years. Parts are very expensive. Probably better off selling it to a vintage kart guy and buying a 4 cycle for a mini bike.

I found a old gem pipe to pair with the motor. Would have to go on a kart with this exhaust and I have a shifter kart free laying around so that the new path lol. Just needing advice on the best way to make this nice. My thought was to cut the pipe at the weld on the cap end and go from there. Also are those four holes original from the factory thx. Fyi I like stupid projects like these so if it takes more time than it's worth that is not a issue.

Attachments

desert rat

I found a old gem pipe to pair with the motor. Would have to go on a kart with this exhaust and I have a shifter kart free laying around so that the new path lol. Just needing advice on the best way to make this nice. My thought was to cut the pipe at the weld on the cap end and go from there. Also are those four holes original from the factory thx. Fyi I like stupid projects like these so if it takes more time than it's worth that is not a issue.
That's a two smoke pipe so yes the holes are correct. This one has a single hole. The pipes are matched to the motor. This is for 36 HP, if the pipe changes the HP of the motor changes. That's from an old racer that saw mine. Like the shot glass;)

Attachments

Sunday funday shot glass. I forgot about 2 strokes needing tuned pipes specific to the motor. I'll have to research it a bit. Can I damage my motor from running a random pipe like this one?

desert rat

Sunday funday shot glass. I forgot about 2 strokes needing tuned pipes specific to the motor. I'll have to research it a bit. Can I damage my motor from running a random pipe like this one?
I don't know that much about the two smokes I just know what little the old boy at work told me. He threw away like 40 race tires one day at work, said they were practice tires and his kid didn't like them.