Tecumseh 5.5 hp motor from Puerto Rico

Ot!s

Did a little research on these Tecumseh 5.5 motors for sale from ebay via Puerto Rico. TECUMSEH 5.5HP Racing Engine SBH-9999 Extra Parts Go Kart Mini Bike Motor | eBay A few have been sold as illustrated on the ebay feedback system. Asked for additional photos. Seller opened one of the crates and took pictures. Noticed and inquired concerning the advertised billet rod and stainless valves. They are not installed but come with the motor. Motor is supposedly new and running as is. Looks like the motor has been painted/repainted ? Valve covers are silver. Not willing to take a chance on this. although ebay protection guarantee will take some sort of action if things go wrong. Motor 1.jpg motor 2.jpg

I74

e bay is real good with their protection guarantee, & has taken care of me a few times on items that were delivered as ''not'' described ect.

Think you would ''still' be rolling the dice on this though ...
Am ''still'' not seeing how it can have ''free'' expedited shipping on it either,, for that price.
Just doesn't add up …..

I would pass. ;)

Added,,

I want to see pics of the Billet rod & stainless valves.
Think it's ''real fishy'' that they didn't show pics of those ....

Last edited:

mustangfrank

e bay is real good with their protection guarantee, & has taken care of me a few times on items that were delivered as ''not'' described ect.

Think you would ''still' be rolling the dice on this though ...
Am ''still'' not seeing how it can have ''free'' expedited shipping on it either,, for that price.
Just doesn't add up …..

I would pass. ;)

Added,,

I want to see pics of the Billet rod & stainless valves.
Think it's ''real fishy'' that they didn't show pics of those ....
A few guys on here bought and received H50 Motorsports engines from that guy without issue. If the size and weight falls within USPS Priority Mail limits, that is considered "Expedited" to eBay and due to antiquated USPS level pricing, Hawaii and Puerto Rico is no more expensive than Continental US state to state rates.

The last feedback he received was a bad sign though.

markus

what it comes with depends on what version you buy, for instance the one He received bad feedback one was a box stock type version, so it does not come with the billet rod and better valves etc.., but probably whoever bought assumed it did. I don't thing the seller knew what the deal was with the engines a few months back either becuase the listings got better defined and they took better photos of each version (there are 3 versions of that engine) And no, that is not paint on the valve cover or shrouding.

I74

Wonder if these engines were tooled & ''or'' built under contract with Tecumseh at some point,, or bought up after they shut down ??

Ot!s

what it comes with depends on what version you buy, for instance the one He received bad feedback one was a box stock type version, so it does not come with the billet rod and better valves etc.., but probably whoever bought assumed it did. I don't thing the seller knew what the deal was with the engines a few months back either becuase the listings got better defined and they took better photos of each version (there are 3 versions of that engine) And no, that is not paint on the valve cover or shrouding.

Prices went up too..

Picked up a couple of the OHV-9997 and H50 engines he had last year with a friend. Everything went alright except for a missing valve on the H50, which he never got back to me on. Not trying to say its a safe bet now, but ya gotta way your options. When you think of the USPS shipping and eBay fee's the guy ain't making much. I bet if you asked for a price on the rod, coil, and tilly, shipped USPS medium, he would probably cut a deal, cause they ain't been selling whole lately. Just a thought. Prices have been steady at $300, 320 and $350 from what I seen.

Last edited:

delray

for me those engines are not worth buying. i can build a better hot rod ohh all day or anybody then the factory ohh motorsport engines. but i do understand for the guys that can't it might be a path to go down if there is no other options....:scooter:

Last edited: