Tecumseh 5HP With Lighting Coil

hermans13

You are right about the oversized crankshaft. I have 3 of these engines (without the lighting coil). All 3 have a 1" diameter crankshaft. When I get a chance and when I find a willing machine shop, I will have them machined down to 3/4" and have a 3/16" keyway machined in. An advantage is that the length can be cut to Rupp length or shorter. There are posts on here that detail what it takes to convert these engines for mini bike use.

colt 1911

You are right about the oversized crankshaft. I have 3 of these engines (without the lighting coil). All 3 have a 1" diameter crankshaft. When I get a chance and when I find a willing machine shop, I will have them machined down to 3/4" and have a 3/16" keyway machined in. An advantage is that the length can be cut to Rupp length or shorter. There are posts on here that detail what it takes to convert these engines for mini bike use.
for me i wouldn't waste the time and effort to make them 3/4. 0ne inch driver torque convertors and centrifugal clutches are everywhere