The sun shines on a dogs ass every now and then

TomH

Yep, lucky dawg. Mine has the exhaust rotated for better choke clearance. I think it looks pretty cool like that too. Ya might try it, might not.

Yep, lucky dawg. Mine has the exhaust rotated for better choke clearance. I think it looks pretty cool like that too. Ya might try it, might not.
Actually The choke clears it perfect this way. It was the way I got it, so I never even thought to rotate it. The guy had another HS50 off a snowblower, but it had the small aux shaft, and the main shaft wasn't tapped so I passed on it. I guess I should have gotten it too, but I already have another 5hp and a 4hp Tecumseh sitting on the shelf in waiting

Nice find for 30 bucks, :thumbsup: Are sure that not a HS40, The round covers are usually not on the HS50 unless it been changed. Check the intake port to tell, square on the bottom HS50 Round port HS40.

Nice find for 30 bucks, :thumbsup: Are sure that not a HS40, The round covers are usually not on the HS50 unless it been changed. Check the intake port to tell, square on the bottom HS50 Round port HS40.
Well I guess the sun just went behind a cloud :censure: I have been lied to twice :doah:

The motor I got a while back that was supposed to be a 4hp

I just ran the numbers ...Its an H30

This new one I just ran the numbers is a HS40. It was supposed to be a 5hp

Damm I guess I am gonna have to take a laptop with me from now on. Still 2 nice motors for under $60 for the pair

That still a great deal for a runner. Most the time the HS40 are more desirable for originality in vintage minibikes, you got a round top flywheel cover, that's correct for a lot of them. Tecumseh went to the square top like the HS50 later on, on all the small frame engine

Last edited:
you suck:gun_bandana: i have a rupp 4hp but i broke the flywheel because the key broke i need a lighted flywheel:doah::crying: i cant find the :censure: thing anywhere need help

how did the flywheel break? i thought the aluminum key were suposed to save you from any flywheel damage? you should try talking to "the restore kid" a member here, he has a butt load of parts, or at the least point you in the rite direction. or you could try "easydoesit" another member here, any time an engine come up for sale he snatches it up, so im sure he has some flywheels:laugh::thumbsup::thumbsup: