trail ram restoration

my neibor gave this to me. he wrecked it 5 years ago and is afraid to ride it now. there is no major damage done to it. it will need a new gas tank as the current one is full of rust. the motor is not seized up at all. i will need to get a new throttle for it too. does anyone have any input where i should start.

a manual would be nice i think i am going to jsut buy a new tecumseh 6hp motor off of ebay for 75 shipped. will be allot less hassle. i will be using this for a pit bike at motocross races. i plan on stripping it down and painting it john deer green

Hent

Trail Ram Manual

since the files are on my server, but not on the front page, i can still help you out a bit. Pictures are a bit big here, but I will be posting them on the main page as well. TRAIL RAM MANUAL

delray

that looks to good to be paint john deer green? it would look nice if you could restore it to all original. that engine should have a lighted coil for the headlight too. i thought only people here in wisconsin paint things john deer:rolleyes5:
goodluck with your new project iowapitbike. looks like a good find:thumbsup:
:scooter: ...................... ... ....

Definitly clean out the carb. The bowl is probably full of crap. Make sure you pull the float off and clean the needle and seat while you have the bowl off.

JD Green, probably not the best choice of color.

Leave that bike alone. It is in good original shape. You will kill the value of it. Sell it someone on this board and buy another for a pit bike. It's going to look like crap the way you want to do it. Save the vintage mini's

Just get it running and leave as is. It's in good shape. I could see if it were trashed but there's not many of those bikes around and even less vintage mini's in nice original cond. You can buy a newer bike and paint it up JD green if you have to. As a minibike collector I just hate to see nice bikes ruined.

well so do i but there is to much rust on it for me. i am going to paint it the factory color and repaint the motor. this thing is going to look just like it did when it came out of the store

Hello,
To each his own, however my vote is to restore the Ram or leave it original
and find another project for a pit bike.....I had one when I was a kid now I'm 50 plus..so what do I know...thanks...LC

Well.... I am from Iowa as I assume Iowapitbike member is also...
I think he can do what he wants w/his machine but it is worth saving as an original....want to trade for some Honda monkey bikes?..(50cc mini trails)

I justed joined this group...looks like a good resource..thanks guys..LC