Where to find Tecumseh 5HP

I'm trying to find a 5-6HP tecumseh that looks like this for my stock Cat >>>

It seems that once they jump to 5HP on the new models the have a different look and are either OHV or have the gas tank on top. So where can I find a good deal on an new engine with the old school look ? I know they are out there because I got one on the Bird. Thanks. GTO

Deters

5hp

Brandt from ruppparts.com has this engine for sale.
Primer button can be reomve and switch with smaller pull handle.

Deters

5 hp

The engine Brandt has is $314.00 w/o the muffler and about $329.oo with the muffler and shipping is very cheap. For shipping I only payed about $15.

Jesse, northern has no 5hp flathead engines with minibike linkage and air filters which are minibike ready AND they have no 5hp Tecumseh flathead of any kind for less than $329.95........then there is the little issue of high S+H to deal with.

Last edited:
Brandt, This bike here >> http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1106has the stupid clip in the cover so I'm willing to try to disconnect the gov on the outside but I do get how the wire would solve degovernizing it completely.

Also I see you have an angled block for the carb but it looks like more of an angle then the metal shim they used. what do you think? Look close at engine pic.

Also in defense of the place I posted, they have a $5.99 flat rate on anything and factory carbs start in the $50 range, however I'll call you about a carb tomarrow (you answer your calls! they don't and I'd rather buy from you) I was wondering if the carb on this bike (HS-50) 5hp would fit on my 3.5HP H-35 and 4HP H-40 (broken in pic). Id like to have the same carbs and rebuild kits on all bikes.Thanks GTO

GTO, the metal shim is an adapter plate beings it looks as if the intake manifold is an HS40. The HS40 intake will not cover the intake port completly so a shim/adpater is used.

The angled wedge shown on my site is for the intakes that are not drop slant style, so the carb can be mounted level. The wedge fits between the carb and intake.

All the carbs I sell all use same rebuild kits. The carb on the bike will fit your other engines as well.

Last edited: