Which would YOU build?

If you were to build your own retro mini .. would you use a kit? .. or assemble from misc parts? If you were doing a kit.. which one?

I'd like to build one of those repopped Li'l Indian kits available now...
I would like Yellowhand to make me a Simplex Sportsman like frame and forks. I have a friend that stays in Beatrice once a week that drives Truck for Gaurdian Lumber, that could pick it up for me....

Kelly

Well, I do have a 1974 Kawasaki 250 that would make a good doner for wheels and such, But we are a mini club...

This one is really nice...obviously inspired by Simplex...love the simple springer...not crazy about the framework for the floorboards, but overall, it really 'pops'...

Paughco makes a 'porkster' fuel tank that would chop down to Simplex style really easily...

This one is really nice...obviously inspired by Simplex...love the simple springer...not crazy about the framework for the floorboards, but overall, it really 'pops'...

Paughco makes a 'porkster' fuel tank that would chop down to Simplex style really easily...
I agree with that, I am not fond of the funky floor board. Also kind of wierd but today sombody posted a sportsman jr on ebay, but they do not know what they have. I think it was clear out in West Vrginia, I would be all over this if I were out by you Miller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-O...ryZ34236QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was also looking at my Duster MX, and I think I could make it look like the Sportsman jr if I cut and reshaped the backbones.

Last edited:
I agree with that, I am not fond of the funky floor board. Also kind of wierd but today sombody posted a sportsman jr on ebay, but they do not know what they have. I think it was clear out in West Vrginia, I would be all over this if I were out by you Miller.

eBay Motors: 19?? OLD MINI BIKE/SCOOTER? ROLLIN' FRAME (item 270269365199 end time Sep-02-08 07:39:54 PDT)

I was also looking at my Duster MX, and I think I could make it look like the Sportsman jr if I cut and reshaped the backbones.
I've been watching that one. It's probably 45 minutes from me. If the price doesn't go nuts, I may take a shot at bidding.

If I were close to that one, I think I would go as high as 125-150 for it, If you can get it for 50 or so that will be awsome... But is is what I am looking for. Don't bid on it till the last 2 minutes, so that the price don't jack up on you. I Hope you get it.

Kelly

Last edited:
I love it when they're rust-heavy...nobody wants it because it looks crappy, but disassemble and bead blast, and it looks great...a little light sanding on the pits, and it can look nearly new.