Winter fun!

Hi guys!

I started to "winterize" my little four wheeler. I got a set of chains from a snowblower and put them on the rear wheels. Chains are mandatory with these tires. I tried without them and the wheels would just keep spinning with the bike standing still! Now it has tons of traction, but since I have no fenders it is throwing snow all over the place :lol:

I have another set of chains that will be modified to put on the front wheels (they are too large as is).

For those of you who have mechanical disk brakes, be careful if you plan on riding in the snow. Make sure the snow is not "wet" because the brakes will lose all their power. I learnt that the hard way and ended in a snow bank... Do not make the same mistake!

That thing looks like a riot to play with. im in michigan and looks like were gonna get a bunch of snow this year.....thinking about a new toy for the snow. i havent played in the winter much since i quit ice racin years ago. But something like that....probably 4 wheels...hhmmmmm. take care all...jonnybiker

DUDE! that thing looks AWESOME!! now i want my dad to buy me a welder so i can make one myself :p

BTW, What did you use for a rear axle?

Last edited:

delray

cool Backyard Builder, maybe mount a small plow on the front? push some snow around:thumbsup:
it probable only work with a torque converter and weight in the back?

Last edited:
I have plans for a torque converter, but I will have to wait until spring because every junkyard is now buried in the snow! The centrifugal clutch I have now would probably not even survive 2 minutes with a plow :smile: