WTB Adult-sized or extra-large Mini-Bike Plans

Hi guys. I'm new to this site, but looks like this is the place to be if I want to learn about Mini-Bikes. I've always wanted a Mini-Bike as a kid, but my parents never had the money to buy me one.

I'm now a school teacher and have a little bit of time and money to put toward this project. I will also be enlisting the help of a couple students that I think need more to do after school than what they are doing now. I've talked with a couple of the shop teachers here at my HS and they are more than willing to help me out with this project. I know have access to all the tools I will need for this project (pipe benders, MIG and TIG welding supplies along with a plasma cutter).

What i'm looking for (to buy) is a set of decent plans for an adult sized mini-bike. I've seen some internet sites that sell larger than normal kits, but I can't afford to purchase these kits or even to have them shipped. I'm looking to build something as big as the mini-bike with the 47inch wheel base from Bad Dog Enterprises (picture below). I would like mine to be an on/off road type bike though.

So does anybody know of any plans that I could purchase to build a mini-bike such as this??

Any help would be great!!

Thanks,

Opus44

Last edited:
Yeah those things are way over priced.. Craigslist is a great place to find old original bikes for a good price.. Look around 100 miles or less from you and search mini bike and minibike.. It shouldn't take long to locate something.. :thumbsup:

Opus,
Where in Kansas are you? I have a house in Rose Hill, outside of Wichita.
I have a suggestion, when you build your bike, go diesel! Sell them to the farmers.

Then reverse engineer a Pak Jak, several of us can provide dimensions and photos. Easy bends, 15" rim with tractor tire in the back. :thumbsup:

DZLbike I live in Garden City. That's a pretty crazy looking bike. I'm not looking for something quite the big. Just something bigger than a standard sized mini-bike.

Take care,

Opus

JustEnough

Be sure to add up an estimate of what buying all of the parts and shipping will cost. Many of us are capable of building a mini from scratch, but it is just not cost effective.

I got fed up with the high cost and low quality of many of the parts for minibikes, so I set the minibikes aside and I have been restoring old Honda 3-Wheelers. I now have 8 running three wheelers that I restored from rust buckets. They take up so much space that I will probably switch back to minibikes soon.