Is this deal available in your area?

Home Depot has had this deal on their website for a month or so. It's the Monster Moto MM-E1000 electric minibike for $199 (retail is $499). I've checked several times and it always says it's not available in my area. I've wondered if it's actually available anywhere; thought I'd ask for a few members to check availability in their areas, just to satisfy my curiosity. To anyone who checks and lets me know, thank you.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Monster-Moto-1000-Watt-Electric-Mini-Bike-MM-E1000-BR/301886573

I managed to buy one of these NIB on eBay for cheap, thanks to a no-reserve auction ending at 4:44 am EST (not many people active at that time of day/night) this morning. I did as I usually do on auctions and waited until the final few seconds to bid (for anyone who has never figured it out, bidding earlier only serves to raise the selling price); got it for $168.49 + $67.94 shipping; $236.43 total. I love internal combustion engines as much as anyone, but a quiet electric minibike intrigues me since I live in a quiet urban neighborhood. I'm thinking pocket bike tires combined with a gearing change to compensate for the smaller OD should make it even quieter; may be able to gear it for increased speed and/or range, if it has enough torque. The bike appears to use the same frame as MM's gas powered bikes, so it should be easy to convert if the performance of the electric motor is disappointing.

Still curious about the Home Depot deal, though, if anyone wants to check it out. Thanks.

MM-E1000-BR left.jpg

Last edited:
None available at my store or within 100 miles, I think I'm going to try and order one. I'll strip it and use the electric motor and controls on my flea market trike and drop a Predator in the frame. Problem is the site won't give me scheduling info to express deliver it to my house, says try later. I can justify the expense mainly because the electric motor will allow me to get the trike inside. I'll get the extended warranty through HD and if it breaks I can get it fixed or replaced.

None available at my store or within 100 miles, I think I'm going to try and order one. I'll strip it and use the electric motor and controls on my flea market trike and drop a Predator in the frame. Problem is the site won't give me scheduling info to express deliver it to my house, says try later. I can justify the expense mainly because the electric motor will allow me to get the trike inside. I'll get the extended warranty through HD and if it breaks I can get it fixed or replaced.
I got the same message. I think the "Express Delivery" is delivery from a local store, so, if a local store doesn't have it, that probably isn't going to happen; this bike seems to be a store only item. If you check the $399 black/blue MM-E1000, it allows online purchase with "Free Delivery" (not "Express Delivery").

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Monster...Watt-Electric-Mini-Bike-MM-E1000-BB/303206945

If you can get one, that probably would be a nice drive train for your trike, plus you would have a brand new roller to play with.

1000 watts is about 1.3 hp. It might not be much use on anything except flat land.
Electric motors produce a lot of torque, and max torque from 0 rpm, typically, so it may do okay. If not, it's a brand new $200 roller; can't buy a rusty Doodlebug roller for $200 around here. No hills to speak of around here, but I plan on testing it in a relatively deep ditch; see how well it climbs out; I'm 50# over its rated capacity, so if will climb out, I'll be impressed. After some testing, I'll probably make it more of a pavement runner.

Steve73

Maximum forward speed is 17 mph. Max weight capacity is 185 lbs. I would drain that battery fast if I rode that thing.

This is why electrics are more for light weight and flat land..also you spend $$ charging and battery performance gets worse over time then you got to dispose of it so until battery/power cell technolgy gets better for raw power oil is king for now..

marketing........dont believe the hype. unless this bike has some of that crazy electric moto technology in it, all i see is an extra heavy electric razor scooter with maybe a bigger battery and motor
You were asking about the frame; I posted that quote from the MM site that says it's the same frame used for the gas bikes.

Electric motors produce a lot of torque, and max torque from 0 rpm, typically, so it may do okay. If not, it's a brand new $200 roller; can't buy a rusty Doodlebug roller for $200 around here. No hills to speak of around here, but I plan on testing it in a relatively deep ditch; see how well it climbs out; I'm 50# over its rated capacity, so if will climb out, I'll be impressed. After some testing, I'll probably make it more of a pavement runner.
yep that continuous torque is a plus....but i just cant fathom an electric powered motorsports toy lol...i need to smell that fuel burning

This is why electrics are more for light weight and flat land..also you spend $$ charging and battery performance gets worse over time then you got to dispose of it so until battery/power cell technolgy gets better for raw power oil is king for now..
The technology is available, but it's expensive; way too expensive for a cheap minibike. The Tesla Model S P100D is the quickest 0-60 production car available (2.23 seconds is the best number I've seen); it may be the quickest in 1/8 mile but I don't feel like researching; very few production cars can catch it in 1/4 mile. Go on YouTube and watch some Teslas drag racing Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, Challengers, etc. It's a 5,000 lb 4-door family sedan and it makes muscle car/supercar owners cry. It puts over 900 lb-ft of torque to the (4) wheels. It also has a range of over 300 miles. The Tesla Model X is the quickest production SUV (0-60 and 1/4 mile).

Check out the much quicker/faster longer range upcoming Tesla Roadster! :eek:hmy:

https://www.tesla.com/roadster

And then there's the Tesla Semi...

https://www.tesla.com/semi

Last edited: