General Appliance mini bike.

6doggie3

Hello everyone!
It's been a long time since I've posted on the forum.
I'm still been involved in mini bikes! But it's has been slim picken's where I live and
life has other plans sometimes and you just move on?
Well anyway's a friend of mine was talking to me about a trail horse that I keep in the back of my truck when I go to show's and said that he always wanted a Bonanza mini bike. I told him that I own a few but at this point that I'm still in the collecting mode and not willing to sell any at this time! But if you find something that I don't have that I might be willing to trade? Well he came across
a General Appliance mini bike which I think is a Montgomery Wards based of what I've seen on the forum. Problem is that I can't find the cable to my camera to download the pictures to My account to post Pics today.There's were some treads on the forum about the way to identify the change's in the model's. Mine has I think they are called Manco style wheels with no brake,, H50 tech motor with a two sprocket clutch but only one sprocket on the jackshaft.
Hopefully I can post some pics soon?

6doggie3

Here it is.

When I did a search I found it to be a Montgomery Ward 500 with white seat,handle bar grips and foot peg covers and either or 5 spokes or Manco wheels or a Trail Horse Trail Blazer? but the trail Blazer had a two tone seat cover.

Outlaw Ace thanks! Could you show a pic of the braking setup I would like to get rid of the band brake on mine.
I'm fairly sure it had a clutch brake like yours I know it didn't have a brake on the wheels. Never took a photo of that side paid $100 for it someone gave me $425 so it left here. I'll look around on the page and ask a friend who should have a wards with manco wheels if nothing else.

Last edited:
I'd love to have a suspended General Appliance bike I have a base Trailblazer but I love it it's badged GT-G for Gilmore Tatge company a grain handling equipment outfit out of Clay Center Kansas. Story goes is the owner a Shriner wanted bikes for his Troupe and had to make a minimum order and the ones the Shriners didn't buy he sold at the business. The business is still open. A guy came on here and said he rode the bikes at the business owner's house in 1966 maybe a little later so mine is early I suppose. There were suspended ones and I'd buy one in a second badged like mine.

I'm fairly sure it had a clutch brake like yours I know it didn't have a brake on the wheels. Never took a photo of that side paid $100 for it someone gave me $425 so it left here. I'll look around on the page and ask a friend who should have a wards with manco wheels if nothing else.
Damn, I thought I was first in line for that bike? I thought you still had it. :shrug:

I'd love to have a suspended General Appliance bike I have a base Trailblazer but I love it it's badged GT-G for Gilmore Tatge company a grain handling equipment outfit out of Clay Center Kansas. Story goes is the owner a Shriner wanted bikes for his Troupe and had to make a minimum order and the ones the Shriners didn't buy he sold at the business. The business is still open. A guy came on here and said he rode the bikes at the business owner's house in 1966 maybe a little later so mine is early I suppose. There were suspended ones and I'd buy one in a second badged like mine.
Couldn't have been 1966. They were only made from 69-71

The brake set up that came on my general appliance trailblazer with the five spoke rims

I put a craftsman 5hp Tecumseh on it temporarily until I find a chance to rebuild the engine it came with. This is one of my favorite riders, very comfortable. I really like the exhaust set up that came on yours. Do you think it’s original?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6doggie3

the thanks for the post
The brake set up that came on my general appliance trailblazer with the five spoke rims

I put a craftsman 5hp Tecumseh on it temporarily until I find a chance to rebuild the engine it came with. This is one of my favorite riders, very comfortable. I really like the exhaust set up that came on yours. Do you think it’s original?

I think the exhaust was an option with the muffler?
I have a spare set of 5-spoke trail horse wheels with a sprocket but I don't
think that i have the the band drum for the brake plus the bracket.
I can't remember who sold me one for my other trail horse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk