Hello everyone, STRANGE MINI BIKE here is it British?

Yes. The original trail tamers were an Earles design.

There is no way to "safely" unstick and engine without removing the head.

Yes, I agree it's a Rogue, and not the close relation Cheyenne. Good job Pat.

I don't know what's been done to this bike, but from what little I can see, it's the cleanest Rogue I've seen. There were quite a few of them made by the way, and not strange, or rare. They came along later in the mini bike evolution, and the production run wasn't that long. So Cal. That side car is intriguing. It almost looks production. We need more and better photos. Someone did a lot of work here, including the engine. If you were down the road, I'd get the engine sorted. Shipping kills. Great score if you bought it.
So they are pretty common? I never say a rear tail like that on a mini bike. and the way the rear arms mounted the tires I thought itt might be custom...thanks for the information and help

If it was hanging upside down with oil in it, it probably has oil in the upper cylinder/combustion chamber which would make it difficult to impossible to turn over as you would be trying to compress oil. I would remove the spark plug and try to turn it over slowly and be prepared for oil coming out of the spark plug hole.

If it was hanging upside down with oil in it, it probably has oil in the upper cylinder/combustion chamber which would make it difficult to impossible to turn over as you would be trying to compress oil. I would remove the spark plug and try to turn it over slowly and be prepared for oil coming out of the spark plug hole.
you might be right I saw oil drip fro somewhere when we took it down and I could not see where it came from but I did not think oflookinng at the head. thanks

the side-hack (sidecar) was something Indian had available for the Junior cross bikes, It was probably something originally made by/for Italjet though.

Thank You, thats why it looked strange....thank you all for helping me solve this . I do not think I am going to try to sit on the side car just because I would prbably be too heavy for it and fall off once we get it running.

"If a Cluttered Desk represents a cluttered mind, then what does an empty desk represent?" Albert Einstein

markus

Thank You, thats why it looked strange....thank you all for helping me solve this . I do not think I am going to try to sit on the side car just because I would prbably be too heavy for it and fall off once we get it running.

no problem, it's probably just your camera not coming out really clear and possibly the bike needing a fresh detailing, but is all the stuff like the engine and handlebars actual chrome or paint/powdercoat chrome color coating?

no problem, it's probably just your camera not coming out really clear and possibly the bike needing a fresh detailing, but is all the stuff like the engine and handlebars actual chrome or paint/powdercoat chrome color coating?
It is Chrome and not painted.

thanks for the offer
Yes. The original trail tamers were an Earles design.

There is no way to "safely" unstick and engine without removing the head.

Yes, I agree it's a Rogue, and not the close relation Cheyenne. Good job Pat.

I don't know what's been done to this bike, but from what little I can see, it's the cleanest Rogue I've seen. There were quite a few of them made by the way, and not strange, or rare. They came along later in the mini bike evolution, and the production run wasn't that long. So Cal. That side car is intriguing. It almost looks production. We need more and better photos. Someone did a lot of work here, including the engine. If you were down the road, I'd get the engine sorted. Shipping kills. Great score if you bought it.
of getting it going, but after thinknig about it I can't ride it in the hills without feeling guilty so I bought a used beater bike that I can have fun with and am offering this up to someone who will take care of it.

Holy smokes, maybe he will pull that, might take a little while. I don’t have any collection bikes, but do you put oil in if you’re never gonna ride?
I sold this unmolested, original shape, original black spray painted roller for $400 shipped to Michigan to a member here. But that was before inflation set in- about five or six years ago. ;) I got two of them from Toycartony as partial payment for another deal we did.

Here is the sales thread. Back before I lost my keen sense of humor. https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/rare-restorors-dream-rogue-mk-iv.111696/

Attachments

Last edited: