Family photo

toomanytoys

Got the 3 China bikes out today.

Wife rode the mb212 pro, I had my ct200u and my oldest daughter rode the bt200x.

These things may not be vintage or classics. But they sure do run nice and have been an utter blast to play with. Sure is nice to be able to go on the internet and within 30 seconds being able to locate any part in minutes and for cheap.
20210606_193310.jpg
20210606_193257.jpg

pomfish

I hear ya!

Got out an older Baja MB165 today that has not been run in at least 2 years.
Had to fiddle with throttle cable, was hung up at twist throttle, other than that added gas pumped up rear tire and she purrs.
No bullsheet carb issues luckily.

It does not go fast but ya can't kill it :)

toomanytoys

I hear ya!

Got out an older Baja MB165 today that has not been run in at least 2 years.
Had to fiddle with throttle cable, was hung up at twist throttle, other than that added gas pumped up rear tire and she purrs.
No bullsheet carb issues luckily.

It does not go fast but ya can't kill it :)
My older tecumseh powered bikes never start after sitting. H50, HM80 and HS40. Seems like I'm always fiddling with something on them. They are in long term storage now. Rupp Black widow, 2 Hill toppers, and 2 super bronc. Those were/are my holy grail bikes.

I forgot how slow a stock coleman is. I rode the BT around the yard and was like ohh..yeah I remember this. But it's Perfect an 11 year old who has under 10 hours of experience. She is starting to get brave already though!

The mb212 pro is a screamer. But that chassis is so planted. My wife is not a dare devil and hits no more than 1/4 to half throttle. But that thing is mean once you get on it.

The ct200u is my trail bike. It's a mountain goat. Hits 42mph with the tweaked governor linkage. Wheelies and climbs like crazy. It'll go anywhere as long as your kidneys can handle it!

Last edited:

Addicted 2 Minis

I'm telling my wife it's all YOUR fault!, Hahahahaha :D. One of the bolts stripped while adjusting the brake lever :(, gotta love that Chinese aluminum. I ran down to the hardware store and grabbed some longer bolts and put nuts on the backside, much more better now. I really like the bike, it has a nice balance to it but that clunky clutch gear reduction has gotta go. You know that crunching sound when a bearing is in a bind, that's how this thing sounds when getting off the throttle, it's TERRIBLE!, but that's just the way it is.

64479112703__0E2DD31A-53A4-49BC-A5A9-47BA35622C8D.jpeg

toomanytoys

I'm telling my wife it's all YOUR fault!, Hahahahaha :D. One of the bolts stripped while adjusting the brake lever :(, gotta love that Chinese aluminum. I ran down to the hardware store and grabbed some longer bolts and put nuts on the backside, much more better now. I really like the bike, it has a nice balance to it but that clunky clutch gear reduction has gotta go. You know that crunching sound when a bearing is in a bind, that's how this thing sounds when getting off the throttle, it's TERRIBLE!, but that's just the way it is.

View attachment 279197
Chineseium!

I havent seen that style for sale locally for awhile. Our tractor supply never has bikes. Rural king only gets bts and the coleman megamoto 98cc. Dunham always has ct200s.

They definitely aren't perfect but a few upgrades and they are nice bikes. The bt200x clutch makes the same noises. Since my daughter has claimed it I'm not doing a tav on it now.

When you put the TAV on you'll be 100% happy with it I bet.

Harquebus

Hey man, this is a great photo montage and story. Great way to compare the size and shape of the three bikes. To top it off, they're mostly stock and not Bubba'ed up (no duct tape, zip ties or wire holding them together, no stickers).

You did some tasteful mods there.

toomanytoys

Hey man, this is a great photo montage and story. Great way to compare the size and shape of the three bikes. To top it off, they're mostly stock and not Bubba'ed up (no duct tape, zip ties or wire holding them together, no stickers).

You did some tasteful mods there.
Thanks. I hate cobbled together garbage. Cutting up frames, garbage stuck all over, ect. Drives me nuts.

Mb212 is upgraded as far as I'll take it. Flywheel, rod, cam, springs and I have a mikuni to go on when I get time m

CT is predator, with just stage 1.

BT is stock since my daughter took it.

Harquebus

I even noticed the slight color coordination you did on the two bikes with aftermarket "cone" air filters. Blue filter on the mostly blue engine, black on black. Too many times there's a mixture of different colored components on someone's 'pride and joy' and it just doesn't look good or do it justice; more like an eyesore. Not cohesive looking.

Good job keeping your lineup clean. Either you have clean trails to ride on or you're judicious about wash time, or both.

I have an older Baja Warrior MB200 that I need to do the TAV upgrade on and the Stage 1 kit and so forth...

toomanytoys

I even noticed the slight color coordination you did on the two bikes with aftermarket "cone" air filters. Blue filter on the mostly blue engine, black on black. Too many times there's a mixture of different colored components on someone's 'pride and joy' and it just doesn't look good or do it justice; more like an eyesore. Not cohesive looking.

Good job keeping your lineup clean. Either you have clean trails to ride on or you're judicious about wash time, or both.

I have an older Baja Warrior MB200 that I need to do the TAV upgrade on and the Stage 1 kit and so forth...
I was them after every ride lol....

toomanytoys

For some reason tonight I got a bug up my ass. I put the tillotson on the coleman and the predator on the megamoto.

I don't ride the megamoto much at all. That stupid coleman is my go to bike. My wife generally rides the megamoto and she barely goes over quarter throttle around the yard.

I took my GPS speedometer and set it to pick up max speed. Ran it down one side of my yard. Average 26mph. Predator maxed at 38 on the road.

Redid the test after the tillotson was put on. Average 33mph. Haven't tried to max it on the road yet. It needs more yard shake down and a bolt check before that. I imagine it's going to go faster than I'm willing to take it.

The tillotson definitely has more power. It wheelies easier and pulls harder all the way through.

View attachment 279197
Yeah, it's like the jack-shaft with clutch has so much friction going on it's like coasting in while in gear.
Torque converter solves that.

I thought the blue engine was a 'Power Fist' from Princess Auto (Canada's version of Harbour Freight).

Hey, did you know that there is actually a fist and forearm instead of a piston and con rod in a Power Fist motor?
It's a power fist man.
I think they are Honda clones, maybe even on par with predator, 208cc I think.

toomanytoys

I have a power fister in the basement. Seems well built. Won it on an eBay auction for 79.99. I couldn't pass it up.

I'm gonna one day put it on a pack mule frame I've had for 15 years and done nothing with.

The tillotson definitely packs a punch. I'm gonna order a ducar here soon and do something with it.

I'm almost caught up to you, I just picked up the CT a few days ago. I ordered the suspension forks for the CT and let me tell you, it's a great upgrade. The kit is expensive so I bought it first then waited until the right deal popped up on Marketplace. Now I have into it what a new one would cost but better.

1624929802723.jpeg

Reading back post that I missed, the first thing I thought of when I read your post was this bike, not really into the Hippy Trip but to each their own.

1624937234077.png