K&S mini bike

I have been working for about a month on my first mini bike project. It has been a blast. I have a few things left to do. I am not complete but I have attached before and after pics so far.

Hi. I think that's the frame I have on the post below titled "What's this frame?" What does K&S stand for, and did they make any other models?
Mine looks identical except the top tubes are round instead of pinched where they attatch to the fork.
Thanks.

thanks for the info, I think I have the blue one in the brochure. I just picked it up today and have the forks being fixed by a friend. Do you know what year these were made? Thanks, Richard

For you guys who are rebuilding K&S bikes I am working on something you may want. I have 2 K&S bikes I am rebuilding. One had the "Hornet" logo still intact on the front of the forks. I scanned it into the computer and fixed some blemishes with photoshop. I am in the process of having it printed onto a vinyl sticker. As far as I know all of the models had this logo on the front. If you are interested in a sticked for your bike I will send you one for free once I get them printed. I am also tryin to duplicate the silver and black striping tape that was also on all models.

my mini is a model 490 and had a sticker on the front that said "RoadRunner" I am not sure if that sticker was original though.

The Road Runner sticker is original.The early bikes didn't have torque converters. The brochure shows the newer models with torque converters.

[ If you are interested in a sticked for your bike I will send you one for free once I get them printed. I am also tryin to duplicate the silver and black striping tape that was also on all models.[/QUOTE]

Put me down for one if you dont mind .Thanks, Richard

I am trust that JIMH is right and your roadrunner sticker is original but have to disagree on one point. Although the brochure states that there are 6 models with torque converters the ad is a little misleading. If you count the bikes in the picture there are 6 and you would think that they all have torque converters. If you read the brochure it states that the MB-190 is the same as the MB-90 except that the 190 has an alternator. I have a 90 and it has a small sissy bar behind the seat. You will note that only one bike in the brochure has a sissy bar. I think that the 3 bikes to the right side of the brochure are the MB-90, MB-85 and MB-80. All three of these bikes were offered with an alternator and they are the 190, 185 and 180. The three bikes to the left are the lower models which do not have convertres. I have a MB-18 wich is all original including the K&S sticker on the gas tank stating the model number. There is no MB-18 listed in the brochure but this bike is identical to the blue one in the brochure, complete with "Hornet" sticker. It has a 3 1/2 tec motor, centrifugal clutch, and scrub brake that are all original. It looks identical to the bike that EgoSoul has except for the scrub brake and rigid front end.
Chainsaw please PM me with your address and once I get the "Hornet" stickers printed I will send one to you.
EGoSoul, what is that sticking out of the center of the front plate on the forks, both of my bikes have a hole there and I don't know what it is for.

I am not sure what used to be mounted to the front plate. When I first got it, it had about a 1/2 bolt and a nut stuck in there. I thought that it might have been for a headlight or something.

Reviving an old thread. New member here, just got my old minibike out today to clean up. Need to rebuild the carb, but as long as it doesn't sit on the kickstand, it idles an runs just fine.

I had always wondered what it actually was. Found this thread. It appears to be the second from the left in the brochure. It was my uncle's, purchased in the late 60's, best anyone can remember. He passed away at 16 in 1973. I ended up with the bike a few years ago and decided to rebuild it.

The paint I used was as close as I could get to what appeared to be the original color. The original white Tecumseh was beyond worth fixing, so I put a newer HV35 on it. I transfered over the original tank and painted it black.

I had always thought the Hornet sticker was put on by my uncle, along with the 'add POP to your tank' sticker. It is seriously crooked. But it appears that it was the original.

Those are the original wheels (does that help anybody identify the year?), had to replace the seat. Really fun pit bike!

Last edited:
K&s road runner

I believe the year of my mini is a 1963 but not real sure. It has the handle bars coming out the front and fold. This bike is very special to me. This bike was my dad's when he was a kid about 1963. It does have a road runner sticker on the front and it is orignal. It also has the torque converter. Behind the front plate is a sticker that says Model 85. The bike was orignally gold with black strips. I am restoring back to orignal so if anyone has info or parts to help me that would be great. THANKS