sweet rig!! hydraulic brakes by the looks of it, nice headlight does it have electric start, impressive, the thing I like most is it looks like you ride the hell out of it now I know why you wanted new grips!!

Its gotta brake light too asome, PS whats in the back ground can just see a tire looks like another fun toy

Yea, we have fun with them. Mud bog them pretty hard when its wet out. That is actually after a relatively dry run actually.

The motor is a new 250cc Briggs, no charging coil or electric start. I just charge the battery when it needs it.

The headlight is off of my Honda Shadow. I put a different on the Shadow last summer and had that one sitting on a shelf. It now has a 5 watt 140 lumin LED in it to save power. Works crazy good. Installed a micro switch in the kill switch housing to turn it and the taillight on and off.

The tail/brake light is a harbor freight LED 2" receiver hitch cover I modified to fit. Fits like a glove and the juice brake had a switch for it, so its a brake light and running light too.

Battery will go behind the motor once the battery box comes in. The battery itself is for an electric start walk behind mower.

The tire in the back of the picture is on a Manco cart. I moonlight at a small engine repair shop, so we get fun stuff in from time to time. There was also a Murry Explorer cart there at the time.

Found the grips I want, and the exhaust and carb upgrade will hopefully be done by the end of this month. Still need to make a cover for over the throttle linkage and governor in the mean time.

The tank I got off of ebay. I did a search for "3/4 gallon tank" and it came up. Its actually meant for a bicycle to moped conversion, but it worked great. They also make a 1/4 and a 1 gallon. But the 1 gallon was much too long. Wouldn't have been a seat left. There is a guy on there that sells a bunch of them. He has an ebay store even, so they should still be around.

The headlight is actually off of my Honda Shadow VLX. I replaced it with a teardrop version, and had that one sitting in a box. I then bought a harbor freight 2" receiver hitch brake light for the rear, and wired them both into a rechargeable battery for an electric start lawnmower. Had to run a 5 watt LED bulb in the headlight to keep the draw down, but it works well. Even fit a micro switch in the kill switch housing to run them both. The hydraulic brake has a brake switch, so that is functional as a brake and a running light in the rear as well.

Both the front and the rear are Carlisle snowblower tires. The rear is an X-Trac in 15x5.00x6 and the front is a Snowhog in 15x5.00x6.

The X-Trac has very square shoulders. That's why we went with the Snowhog in the front. Since its rounder, it makes turning easier.

The X-Trac is a directional tire, but we run it backwards to give even more bite. With the setup that I have, it will pull wheelies in mud up to about 6" deep. Crazy traction.

As far as availability, just call up your local small engine repair shops and ask for those specific tires. They will probably have to order them. They aren't "cheap", but are worth it. Makes it a mud boggin', hill climbin' machine.

Media information

Category
DoodleBug
Added by
Caddy Kid
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media