Recent content by 2old2care

1. 2old2care

Need more power ?

I see guys complaining that they need more power, because their engine is a real DOG - But hey, things could always be worse .........
  2. 2old2care

CT200U-EX with Wildcat 223

Thanks for the updates - It really helps to see someone else's experience with this motor ! BTW - The standard "hot dog" screw on muffler would probably quieter than that one. It's what I have on my bike, and I think it just sounds like a lawn mower :~)
  3. 2old2care

224 mild build

That is correct, and I should have qualified my reply - sorry. It took me a while to find a tank that was NOT for a hemi predator.
  4. 2old2care

224 mild build

If you need a side fill tank with the straight studs (most of them for sale out there have the slanted ones), V Power Equipment has them. I just got one for the Predator in my wife's Coleman CT200U - A perfect fit : https://www.vpowerequipment.com/predator-212cc-gas-tank/
  5. 2old2care

CT200U-EX with Wildcat 223

Following this - I have that same engine, to be used for a somewhat modified Baja Warrior project :~)
  6. 2old2care

Coleman CT200U-EXR-C gearing and initial parts advice needed...

I think I have a photo of a bike that had a reverse curve silicone hose attached to the stock carb intake, that brought the air filter more over the center of the motor, but I imagine it was a custom job - Nothing just off the shelf bolt on AFAIK. There are inverted manifolds like that you can...
  7. 2old2care

Select brand Lathe ID information help

You're going to have a most interesting project there :~) It really does look like it's a decent machine, right down to the felt way wipers. If the motor is good (at least it's US made), it's about the right size for the lathe - 1/2-3/4 hp is all you need for one that size. You can get...
  8. 2old2care

Change crank to a 3/4 or Engine ?

Well, that's the thing with these - If something like a burnt valve shows up, you might just as well put in a new engine. At least all the GPS parts will swap over, and you'll be starting with a 3/4" crank, so that makes a torque converter easier. I just got a Harbor Freight ad saying the...
  9. 2old2care

Change crank to a 3/4 or Engine ?

Pop from burnt valve, because of tight lash? What jet was put in with the "stage 1" ?
  10. 2old2care

I'd think it would be a more substantial lathe than an Atlas - A heavier duty look to it. AND, it's got "V" ways - A much better construction for a decent machine, than the Atlas-style flat bed. But that's just MHO, and a good operator can make good parts on most any machine. Keep us posted -...
  11. 2old2care

I know nothing about the brand, but it looks like it could be a useful sized little machine - At least it came with a couple chucks,and what looks like a face plate, and a drill chuck for the tail stock - Dual lever quick change gear box, even :~) Change the lantern tool post to a quick change...
  12. 2old2care

My $30 Lil Indian chopper

You could always go back and get it ......
  13. 2old2care

New Guy Here, old problem.

Possible to get some 8" wheels? No tire problem, then.
  14. 2old2care

Fuel preservative choices

Stabil and non-ethanol - I have outboard motors as well as other small engine stuff - Crucial