Recent content by 62civa

1. 6

manchester1's - Tom Thumb - (Anything Goes)

Very nice job! Question, what size tire/wheels are those?
  2. 6

Building my first mini bike from scrach!

What kind of steel tube is that? is it galvanized? if it is, be careful. Welding galvanized pipe puts out serious poisonous fumes. No joke!
  3. 6

Hemi GX140 build

The driver of the fiat is named Jim Miles. He is one of the original members of my car club the Burbank Road Kings which was started in 1952. Jim is now about 88 or so years old. I think the photo was shot at Lions Drag Strip in San Fernando CA in about 1965. Look close and you can see the...
  4. 6

hemi head rework

Ole, I know this thread is three years old, but thank you for sharing all that information. I just got a serious education from you and a ton of practical information and tricks. If you don't mind me asking, what are you using for a flow bench? Is it a commercial unit or something you made...
  5. 6

Newbie racing kart slick size question

Newbie question for the experts: On a typical racing kart, are the slick tire size width matched to the rim width? IE a 8" wide tire on an 8" wide rim? I know this seems like a dumb question, but I see lots of photos of slicks on racing karts where it looks to me like a the rim is wider...
  6. 6

Rims - Hubs - Tires *BRAND NEW*

PM replied. Thanks you.
  7. 6

Rims - Hubs - Tires *BRAND NEW*

I am interested in the 4 Douglas rims, 2 rear hubs and 2 front hubs with shipping to 91355. Can you give me a price with shipping? Thanks, Ron
  8. 6

New flat track bike

Wow David, you all kinds of skills! This bike came out so nice. Ron
  9. 6

New flat track bike

Beautiful work! Is the seat base a cut down skateboard? It looks like it is curved along the back edge.
  10. 6

metal lathe.

I had a very small (table top) size lathe given to me when one of my customers died. You really cannot do much on it as it is so under powered. I bought a 14" x 48" lathe from Grizzy Tools about 12 years ago. If I remember correctly it has about 3 HP. I have made all kinds of parts on that...
  11. 6

Cleaned up and ready for another year

I am digging that Vega wagon!!!!!!
  12. 6

Another speedway

Ole4 What front fork assembly are you using? It looks interesting for a project I am thinking about. Thanks Ron
  13. 6

New go-kart I may need some help

There is more to having good compression on a two stroke engine. The crank shaft has seals too that much be in good condition or you will not pull the fuel mixture into the chamber.
  14. 6

F&B Drag Roller

Can you tell me what front tire that is? Brand?