Recent content by alex10

1. alex10

My sears drover project

I have an old roller blade wheel to put on the bracket, I probably should have done this before paint but I didn't start seeing problems with the frame until after paint. :doah:
  2. alex10

My Minibike almost killed me today.

That's how they are made, my duck is the same way.
  3. alex10

My sears drover project

I fabbed an idler bracket for it tonight, this should stop the chain from rubbing on the frame and engine plate.
  4. alex10

How do i run a light?

What parts do I need to put a stator on my 5 horse? I have the magnetron ignition.
  5. alex10

Got another one

I paid nothing for it. :laugh: Thanks for all the help on identifying what it really is, I thought the frame resembled a bonanza, but I'm just learning about all the different kinds of mini bikes. As for the engine, I cleaned the carb and screwed in a straight pipe. Then I put a new chain...
  6. alex10

Got another one

My friend gave me this one for free, the engine is a 1996 Briggs 5hp that just needs the carb cleaned. It doesn't smoke at all. :smile: I'm thinking it's an old Bonanza, any ideas?
  7. alex10

How big is a 3/4 drive Max Torque clutch

Here is a follow up, the 4" band brake was a perfect fit.
  8. alex10

My sears drover project

Ok, I don't have a pipe so that should work nice. And I spent a little time fabricating a band brake mount for the clutch brake, I hope it works good. You guys think that two bolts will be enough to hold the bracket on?
  9. alex10

Why Remove the governer?

If you can't figure out to pull the throttle a little to start your bike without a governor then you have no business riding a mini bike. None of my bikes have ever had a governor and they are easy to start if you know what you're doing. The governor has no effect on throttle mixture, all it...
  10. alex10

My sears drover project

I got bored and made some gussets for the frame today, now it shouldn't crack. Is this pipe a good deal? I bought a 5hp off Guardrail Dave, so whenever it shows up I will be able to go riding. :scooter: racing briggs,5hp,creamic coated header,13",TAKE A L@@K: eBay Motors (item 380239399590...
  11. alex10

My sears drover project

I'll put up a picture tomorrow but the whole front end is primed and the fender is welded on, it looks pretty sweet. I can't fit the rear wheel until I get an engine, so the chain is aligned. Then I need to make a spring loaded tensioner and a band brake bracket, I have a piece of 3/16 so that...
  12. alex10

talk about having a bad day

cigs can't light gasoline, that story has been told so many different ways and is all bull shit.
  13. alex10

how old are you?

I'm 15, I would have rather been born 40 years ago.
  14. alex10

My sears drover project

I got my forks welded together tonight, tomorrow I need to install the wheels and paint the front end.
  15. alex10

5HP flathead "first build" advice.

Are the eBay rebuild kits for a kool bore?