Recent content by alphabet soup

1. A

Golden Pinto

Not sure if I'm going to put that back on, or not. If I do, I will get back to you. Thanks for the offer!!! Gene.
  2. A

Golden Pinto

Got a chain gard made up and mocked up.
  3. A

Misfit Motor

Needed to go .065. Have a carb issue but got it running.
  4. A

Misfit Motor

I do have the 30552 cam. I checked everything at .035. Looks like it might be good. Probably be a couple of days before I get back to it... I'll let you know if I get it running. Gene.
  5. A

Misfit Motor

Ok, I will check the cam and I was thinking about starting with .035 too. Thank you very much!! Gene. P.S. I can't tell you I did it correctly... I did it on an old lathe where I worked using a pair of calipers. I did have to make the key slot deeper... something I found out after the...
  6. A

Misfit Motor

I tuned down the end of the crank enough for the older flywheel to fit. So I'm not sure what, if anything that tells you. I do know the PS 3.5 crank (the one I used) has .100 longer stroke then the older 3.5.
  7. A

Misfit Motor

Ok, question, I have a 3.5 powersports motor I want to put on my Golden Pinto. I converted it to under the flywheel mag. with parts from an early 3.5 so I could use the early-style tin. My question is: what ign. timing would be correct to use. The motor the parts came from uses .065 BTDC, the...
  8. A

H30 piston

Dave...yes, I have seen many times on here, Markus is the Carrol Shelby of this stuff. And I definitely appreciate all the help and replies from everyone. Gene.
  9. A

H30 piston

I get what Dave was saying now. And I should have known a guy that has a '67 RT knew his stuff. I have owned a bunch of '66-'67 B bodies. And raced a few. But this mini bike stuff still gets my head shaking some times. Really glad I have you guys for tech support!!! Gene.
  10. A

H30 piston

My points cam fits like the one in the correct picture. And I am confused about the camshaft. I am using the crank, piston, rod and cam that came out of block. Not sure how anything would change??
  11. A

H30 piston

Thanks for the extra info! And thanks for taking the time to compare parts!! Just got the rings, seals and stuff yesterday. I still have to deepen the key way. Although, the cam for the points does fit really good. A lot of the grove went away when I turned the snout down. I am going to go back...
  12. A

H30 piston

Hey guy's...I decided to take a different direction. I have a 3.5 Power Sport motor. I took it apart and noticed it had the boses under the flywheel for the ign assy. I drilled and tapped the boses. Then turned the crank down so the flywheel off of the H30 would fit. Now I can use the flywheel...
  13. A

H30 piston

Hey thanks...I rarely check ebay. I had two questionable (to say it nice) experiences with them. Will look tonight. Thanks again, Gene.
  14. A

H30 piston

I have looked everywhere I can think of for a .010 piston and rings for my old H30 engine. Any of you guys have a idea?? Also, are there any performance cams or another stock cam to use that is better?? Thanks, Gene.
  15. A

JC Penny's Golden Pinto Mini Bike

Hello, and you have chosen wisely. In joining this forum and picking a Golden Pinto. I am in the same process. I just got some nice reproduction fork decals from e-bay. Is your white motor, black seat, or??