Recent content by BingCrosby

1. BingCrosby

OHH vs OHSK vs OH195...does it interchange?

So I have an OHSK70 which I was intending to convert to a mini bike motor. As I understand, Tecumseh carried the OHSK70 over to the new naming convention in 2004 as the OH195SA. Before I go blow a wad of cash on OH195SA parts for an OHSK70, these are the same engine, right? At least some parts...
  2. BingCrosby

Aggie re-restoration

I'll probably try some gas proof epoxy, I just need to clean the tank out of rust and junk. Does muriatic acid work for that? I have heard of it being used but I've also heard of other methods with less harsh fluids like vinegar. The blue is not original, unfortunately. It was a rattle can...
  3. BingCrosby

Aggie re-restoration

Well, the gas tank's a dud. One of the two underside mounts has come completely disconnected inside the tank. I don't really have any way to remedy this, so a different metal tank will have to suffice. Off to the WANTED section... The wheels are significantly more pitted than I expected. Several...
  4. BingCrosby

Aggie re-restoration

First up, the engine. This was the aforementioned Briggs 3 HP engine. While it runs fine, and has no real issues aside from ailing paint, my Aggie was a Tecumseh frame, and by jove, I will have a Tecumseh!!!!! Here is the poor victim of circumstance. I have no intention of getting rid of this...
  5. BingCrosby

Aggie re-restoration

Once upon a time I flocked to this site to ask questions and show off my Aggie 97 mini bike. Well it's been 5 years and the stuff I did not do to it that I should have are eating away at my soul. Here is the beginning, the completion of my restoration in high school. The white/blue color...
  6. BingCrosby

Aggie 97 restore questions

This was what I was doing back when I first tried to rebuild it, guess high school me didn't have the patience to wait a few days. Whoops! Good to know the service papers describe it as a bolt and nut... I never want anyone to have to go through this again in the future and fully intended to...
  7. BingCrosby

Should probably have specified: It's the bolt that holds the forks to the frame. The actual name escapes me
  8. BingCrosby

I'm currently in the process of re-doing my high school "restoration" of my Aggie 97. One thing I couldn't do then that I want to do right is remove the booger'd-up fork stud bolt. It was held on by two nuts (I thought!!) but removal of both and significant beating did not remove it. Is this a...
  9. BingCrosby

B&S Powered Minibikes

The first Troy Ruttman bikes were built by the Michrina Brothers of Lil' Indian fame, too! It's all connected...o_O
  10. BingCrosby

Anybody else have a obsession with engines?

2 Tec HS50's, an H35, one Briggs 80202 3 HP, a Briggs 6 horse OHV motor patiently awaiting to become an Animal, and a Honda GX160. I have plans to thin out the herd a bit (specifically in the OHV area) but not before making them more desireable.
  11. BingCrosby

B&S Powered Minibikes

King O'Lawn made three mini bikes for JC Agajanian with ascending horsepower Briggs motors: the 3 HP Aggie 96, the 4 HP Aggie 97, and the 5 HP Aggie 98. One thing to note is that the 97 was sold past 1969, when they switched from the Briggs 4 HP to the Tecumseh HS40.
  12. BingCrosby

The Vintage Mini Bike Family Photo Scrapbook

King O'Lawn made three mini bikes for JC Agajanian with ascending horsepower Briggs motors: the 3 HP Aggie 96, the 4 HP Aggie 97, and the 5 HP Aggie 98. One thing to note is that the 97 was sold past 1969, when they switched from the Briggs 4 HP to the Tecumseh HS40.
  13. BingCrosby

179cc engines 49.99 from surplus center

LCT is what became of Tecumseh after 2008. In theory, you're buying Tecumseh clones ;)
  14. BingCrosby

eBay Custom Frame Bike

22mm carburetor, has a billet rod and a .010 piston in it. Have considered getting a 245 cam as well, and am ordering stronger (18 lb) valve springs. Nothing too major, just a small bump up.
  15. BingCrosby

1967 Sears Runabout

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see the results!