Recent content by Brayhaven

1. B

Mikunis slow to start?

It varies from @15-20 degrees tilt down at output shaft. I thought this could be the problem and spaced the tank up an inch higher for better flow. Also have it pretty full. Guess I could raise the float level. ?? I hate to give up on the mikuni as it sure runs well and I spent some bucks and...
  2. B

Mikunis slow to start?

I have the "choke" up when starting. And I only have one hand available. The other one is holding the tiller so I don't get thrown in the swamp when it starts :). It sounds like this may be the nature of mikunis ? May have to go back to a oem type. :(. Have tried 15 & 17 pilot jets. Also...
  3. B

Mikunis slow to start?

22 mm, round runs & idles great when finally get it started. Thanks. Greg
  4. B

Mikunis slow to start?

converted my Honda (basic almost stock from oem parts) to mikuni. Takes 4-6 or more pills to start now. Tried several jet combos without much help. This is on a mud motor and it makes it a major pain. Is this the nature of mikunis? Or should I be looking for a problem? These motors ime, start...
  5. B

Tank & cooling question

A question on the OEM tank position. Just installed a mikuni on my GX200 and am raising the tank @ 1" to get a little better flow & fuel supply to the higher carb inlet. Question is, for those who have moved or removed their stock tank, does it have any baffling effect on cooling? Should I...
  6. B

gx200 or 160 head needed

Anyone have an extra head around that's not butchered up too bad? Some milling OK if its done right. I'd like one to play with while leaving mine as is. Prefer OEM honda. Thanks. Greg
  7. B

mikuni vm22 tubing size etc?

What size is the fuel inlet tubing on this carb? How do the copies compare to the so-called genuine ones. Are they all made in China? Do the jets fit both? Thanks Greg
  8. B

GX200 cold start Problem

Has an adjustable low speed jet. Tried enriching it. Also cleaned entire carb thoroughly. I'm going to change out the fuel. Hate to put ethanol in it though. And have been avoiding. Another source about 15 miles from me. Greg
  9. B

GX200 cold start Problem

OK I'm wondering if it could be a fuel (quality) problem. Fuel is fresh this season. But it's ethanol free from an off brand station. Only place its available. Suspect they buy gas wherever they get it cheapest. Might not show up in a car. This fuel is much more expensive than reg unl. Might be...
  10. B

Low budget, stock RPM Predator Hemi mods for boat "mud motor"?

I built a short tail mud motor using a Kohler clone. It worked so well I built a gx200 from scratch using OEM and race type parts. They work great. Use a steel billet flywheel as you need the weight for inertia at low speed. Greg
  11. B

GX200 cold start Problem

Plug is light tan. Seems fine and fires every pull. Just won't run cold. Without the choke.
  12. B

GX200 cold start Problem

I have a GX200 on my mud (boat) motor that has developed a cold starting problem. After some pulling, it will start on choke and chug along for a couple minutes, (if you take choke off it dies) then you can take the choke off and it runs perfectly though doesn't idle slow very well...
  13. B

GX200 stock timing & weight?

I'm curious. My billet flywheel is supposed to be 25 deg BTDC.. with an auxilliary slot for 30.. What is the stock flywheel ign timing? Curious as to how much advance this wheel puts on the engine.. Also, anyone know the weight difference between genunine Honda 200 & a clone (Kohler), if any...
  14. B

Honda gx200 head

Yes trying to keep this motor all oem
  15. B

Honda gx200 head

Anyone have a stock complete Honda head laying around that you pulled to replace with a race type? I need one. Might consider a 160. Thanks Greg