Recent content by Cotmullion

1. Cotmullion

Someone must know.....

Rare? I know nothing about all the the old time makes and models of mini..
  2. Cotmullion

Someone must know.....

This: For sale ove rhere in the UK, love to know what it is as I might be interested. The engine is a Honda C90 engine, not the original motor obviously. Weird footpegs too, eh?
  3. Cotmullion

Did I do well?

I do hope not :thumbdown: Haven't got stuck into the clinton yet but will when I get a bit of free time..
  4. Cotmullion

Did I do well?

Got these two over the weekend. Both non runners, and more so the Clinton, but I hope to change that :biggrin: They are a Tecumseh HS40 and a Clinton 4.5hp. (Actually its a Newton but I gather that was was what they called them after they moved from being made in the US to being made in...
  5. Cotmullion

8hp Briggs worth it

They do but if I put one in amine I would either turn it to 3/4 inch to give me a better/cheaper choice of clutches, or run a 3/4" jackshaft with a clutch on that
  6. Cotmullion

8hp Briggs worth it

Are they any good for minibikes, or just too big and heavy for the performance they give? I understand they are torquey so are good for off-road and low ratio stuff. Anyone got any pictures of 8hp briggs's fitted/shoehorned into minibikes? I am thinking of making yet another Bird style minibike...
  7. Cotmullion

How many engines, and which are your favorite?

I would like to say briggs 5hp is my favourite because they are American made, classic and sound nice, but I hate the throttle connection on them under the tank; hondas are so much simpler in that respect. The gx200 clone on my bike pulls like a train, is reliable, easy to work on, cheap to get...
  8. Cotmullion

gx200 mounting pattern??

What, the distance from the crank cover to the first mounting holes?
  9. Cotmullion

gx200 mounting pattern??

What's the mounting pattern for a gx200? Is it the same as a briggs 5hp flatty? Similarly, is the crank case mounting pattern the same?
  10. Cotmullion

Honda clone tuning parts

I am considering buying a new Honda gx200 clone engine 6.5 Hp LT200Q1 PETROL ENGINE replaces HONDA GX, B & S | eBay, but as I have never owned a Honda engine or delved into the world of clone engines before, I want to know, really how similar are they to the genuine Honda engines? To what extent...
  11. Cotmullion

Wire loop terminal on throttle linkage??

So friggin' close to having my bike rideable again, just need to connect my throttle cable to the under tank lever on my briggs 5hp. I've been after ways of fixing it to the lever using the least possible space. Tried a cable clevis with grub screw but the head of the through bolt just fouls...
  12. Cotmullion

Briggs 5hp throttle hunting HELP!!!!!!!!!!

That, Mr Restore Kid, turns out to have been my problem all along!!!! :facepalm: I wanted to run a governer, but it was being overrode by the throttle return spring (the same as the governer one you mentioned, but over stretched, so I have ordered a new one for undertank use). I am going to...
  13. Cotmullion

5hp throttle, what do I need?

Which spring in which picture? Where does it fix at either end??
  14. Cotmullion

Here's a shot of my under tank thorttle lever. I want to know how this works in relation to the governor, and how I can get it working, what I need ect. Does the arm push on the lever arm for the governor? I don't see how that works, because MORE throttle = governer arm DOWN :confused:
  15. Cotmullion

OK, I think I know why my bike has been running weird. It is because the throttle is set up to bypass the governer :doah: Effectively, the throttle butterfly isn't free to move when it is running; it is more or less linked solid to the throttle with a stiff spring. I want to run a governer...