Recent content by Dadrider

1. D

Carburetor on Craftsman / Tec 2.5 hp H30

When I was a kid around 7 my folks gave me a 3rd hand min with a 3 hp Clinton white shroud. Primer bulb on the side of the carb. Ran it into the ground, my dad and a friend rebuilt it and it made the same whopping could not pull a sick prostitute out of a bed power.. I think this 2.5 Tec made...
  2. D

Something I did last year to the little Tec, when I repaired the governor. Something I did to the bowl areas and ports of my 4 stroke dirt bikes…. I slightly cleaned up the exhaust port under the valve seat bowl out to the end of the port I did a little of the same to the intake, but not as...
  3. D

The dripping fuel was caused by the needle housing (the brass piece) either loosened or I didn’t tighten it enough after the cleaning. Engine started on 2nd pull on choke, moved choke to run. Made little adjustments on low and high speed needles. Both needles are responsive now. Ran the edger...
  4. D

That was 1 good video. Learned a bit from him.
  5. D

Napa no longer stocks at least via online, I have a kit, the manifold gaskets, and air filter on the way through another source. I am going to pull the Welch plugs, soak the body briefly in white vinegar and have it ready when the parts arrive.
  6. D

Thank you. I am going by Napa today or tomorrow to order it.
  7. D

I am going to look the video over and check the diaphragm I will let you know how it goes. Thank you.
  8. D

Update guys: I pulled the carb, pulled the diaphragm and the valve that screws onto the carb body along with the spring Removed both needles Sprayed carb cleaner 2 or 3 times and reassemble carb and then reassemble to the intake. Also cleaned flywheel magnet and set air gap to .010 Check...
  9. D

Do you have to be a contributor?

I decided to contribute to the site. The responses from you pirates, swung me over to the tubular frame side..
  10. D

Will do. I was hoping someone had done a float carb retrofit. I am going to clean the diaphragm carb before I go down that road.
  11. D

The tank is high enough for a float carb now that I think about it. I will let you all know after I do another cleaning..
  12. D

it is in the Tecumseh section a carburetor replacement question for a H30 2.5 hp edger. Is there a direct replacement carb for it other that the OEM diaphragm carb that is a cleaner better running carb?
  13. D

Thank you for the reply’s everyone. I do appreciate it.
  14. D

I try to pretty much run old school 100% gasoline in it. Being a diaphragm carb is the drill to pull the diaphragm off the carb, pull the low speed and high speed adj screw and use like 10 psi compressed air? I don’t have the carb or parts breakdown in front of me. Still at work… Thanks