Recent content by Dave Moore

1. D

Engine ID HELP!!!!! H40 or what?!?!

Nice bike, I really like that blue on there! Mine is almost the same except for a longer frame. Ill see what I can come up with as far as linkage goes when the carb shows up. If I have to, Ill make a one piece bell crank and go from there. I made an exhaust flange for it earlier today and I...
  2. D

HS40 exhaust valve wobble?

Came across this post while searching for exhaust pipes for my H40.... I know this thread is old, but I just want to say that I too have seen my exhaust valve lift slightly just before tdc on compression stroke. I opened the crankcase and removed the camshaft, there's a pin next to the exhaust...
  3. D

This is what Ive come to find out as well from all the research Ive done so far. I was just wanting some reassurance; Ive been looking at exhausts, and all the ones Ive seen appear to be for exhaust ports on the flywheel side and not the clutch side like mine, so its kind of a pain. I decided to...
  4. D

Thank you. Yea, late 97, like on christmas day, Merry christmas to me haha. So im not crazy then. When I got this engine and bike, everything was torn apart or missing, so I had to piece it all back together, and I wasnt sure if the shroud was from another engine or not. And now Im really...
  5. D

Hello everyone, I just found this forum and have searching around a bit to try and ID my engine, but so far have only confused myself more lol. The tag on the shroud says its an H40 55805a and the DOM is 7352. But from what im reading is that an H40 is really old and there are only HS40's...