Recent content by ditz

1. D

Trail Bike project

Thanks for the info and thoughts......The 2strokes are out of my budget. I have kinda thought about widening the two frame tubes but I doubt that I could bend them enough without damage to clear the 125 cylinder fins.It might be worth a shot since the frame is otherwise just scrap metal I...
  2. D

Not new but been gone

I have been gone for a long time. Other things have gotten in the way. I am again looking to get me a project MB. For some reason I can not view any pics. I am an old fart and have not idea why I can't see any pics. Help
  3. D

Trail Bike project

The Kawasaki 100 has 18" wheels and is not a mini bike as such. I have looked at the lifan motors but the cylinder will not fit between the front frame down tubes or I would like to make some adaptor mounts. That 125 would be a great motor to put into this frame and then it would have a...
  4. D

Trail Bike project

I have an old 70's Kawasaki 100cc trail bike that has no motor. I have been thinking about installing a 212 Preditor. I suppose that a TC would be a much better option than a clutch. Has anyone ever done this. I am sorry if this is not the place for this and if it is just delete it. Thanks...
  5. D

Another hacked up what is it

Amen.....garage queens are useless IMO
  6. D

Hemi???

The aluminum valve cover is the ticket.....thanks
  7. D

Something I stumble up on.

Motorheads are motorheads.
  8. D

Hemi???

I just found one on egay but it looks just like any other 212 engine. How does one tell if he is getting a Hemi or not?
  9. D

Non-Hemi build

I have found this thread informative. Maybe it should be included in a tech area.
  10. D

Hemi???

Is the Predator 212 the same engine as the Predator 212 hemi?
  11. D

Another hacked up what is it

Why restore? It looks good as it is, at least for my shop. I'd ride it as is and be proud.
  12. D

Tote Goat Twist Throttle Ideas

Just my opinion but I just hate those thumb throttles. The snowmobile crowd seems to like them but twist grip is much better for me.
  13. D

2nd Childhood

Depending on when and where the MBM is held I would like to join in on the fun.
  14. D

Simplex Sportsman

I rode one of these back in the mid 60's. It had a racing Mac engine on it with 3 carbs and reed valves. It was in the era of some heavy gocart racing and the guy that had it was a racer. It was quite fast and had great acceleration as well. I never got it to top speed but I am sure it would run...
  15. D

Montgomery Wards mini bike chain woes

Probably not the problem but frame flex will also allow the chain to come off. Just a thought. A loose motor or broken motor mount will also do the same as a frame flex