Recent content by Ducati Ron

1. Ducati Ron

The Vintage Mini Bike Family Photo Scrapbook

I broke that pipe frame and rebuilt the machine using a $10 frame from Boy's Life Magazine. I don't remember what happened to the pipe frame. I hate to say it, but it probably got pitched in the trash. I later broke the $10 frame riding across a plowed field.
  2. Ducati Ron

Tool Brands to watch for:

Consider Knipex brand if you want the best pliers. That is all they make. Made in Germany. Not cheap, but will last.
  3. Ducati Ron

Thanks for the comments. The pipe bike broke with me on it while zooming up and down the alley behind my house. I bought a $10 frame from Boys Life Magazine and used the parts to build a new machine in the basement. Later on I broke that frame as well while riding across the corn field.
  4. Ducati Ron

Revisiting the site and reaching out

I get the following message when I try to post more. I don't have any URLs and I don't believe I used any forbidden words. Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words.
  5. Ducati Ron

Water pipe frame Thanks for the comments. My dad made it in our basement back in the 60s. Since he had no welder, he chose to use water pipe construction. He did use the Popular Mechanics plans as a guide, blending with his own ideas. Ihad more to this story, but my post was denied.
  6. Ducati Ron

Water pipe frame My dad made it in our basement back in the 60s. Since he had no welder, he chose to use water pipe construction. He used the Popular Mechanics plans as a guide, blending with his own ideas.
  7. Ducati Ron

Hey all, Thought I'd add a note since I haven't done much here. I continue to desire to construct an old school machine, but struggle to find anything in my area. I'm near Haubstadt, IN and would like to find a simple frame and wheels, as I have several engines on hand. I have a 1949 REO...