Recent content by Emerica1975!!

1. E

Briggs flathead exhaust

I just took my bike out for a quick test run with the new rebuild. The exhaust was definitely quiet enough for a quick once around the neighborhood at night but I think I’ll have to go with one of the header pipes mentioned and a different silencer and see how that works. Thanks again for the...
  2. E

Briggs flathead exhaust

Thanks for all the replies. I actually put the muffler on the end of the piece of pipe just for the test drive in my neighbor hood. But it’ll definitely come off. Has anyone had better luck with particular head pipe setups ie: stepped or head pipe to some kind of end piece. Or should the exhaust...
  3. E

Briggs flathead exhaust

I’ve just finished my first actual build of a mini bike engine. I used a Briggs IC block and head a billet flywheel and rod from ARC a cheater cam from Dyno cams and I’m useing EC carbs Chinese style Mikuni carb with their intake. I’ve ground and polished the exhaust and intake ports and then...
  4. E

Briggs cam

thanks. I’ll do that asap!
  5. E

Briggs cam

I guess the cam I’m looking for is also called a cheater cam. Sorry meant to put that in original post.
  6. E

Briggs cam

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this. But I’m trying to find a 94ss cheater cam for my briggs5hp and I’m hoping someone could steer me in the direction of one. Thanks!
  7. E

Briggs 5hp won’t go full throttle

I put the new Briggs magnetron armature in and a new spark plug and the engine runs great!!! Thank for everyone’s help and pointers. Here’s a picture of my mini!!
  8. E

I tried starting my engine this morning before leaving for work. I didn’t get a chance to run it for more than a few minutes. But it seemed to run exactly like it did before. Cutting out when I try to rev to wide open. I’m really not sure where to turn to next. Is it possible my points could...
  9. E

So I check the valve clearance and the intake was around.013 and exhaust a tight .012 I’ve since taken the valves out of another engine and used exhaust valve springs on both exhaust and intake but I still haven’t put the engine back in the bike. I’ll try tomorrow.
  10. E

Briggs flathead/torque converter

The full length of the shaft is 2 3/4 inch. In the picture the shims and first half of the drive pulley are shown so that is why only .25 of an inch is remaining for the drive pulley hub. However it seems to be ok now that I’ve tried a bolt that screws all the way into the shaft and a little...
  11. E

I’m not certain what the valves are gapped to. I’ll have to check. What should they be set to
  12. E

I have an older Briggs 5hp flathead in my mini bike. I recently put a new vm20 carb kit from ec carbs on it. The engine will start and idle great. But once I start riding and open the throttle all the way the engine sputters as if it’s not getting enough gas. Then every once in awhile if I roll...
  13. E

Mini bike gas tanks

I wanted to update my thread about the gas tank I had bought. The seller never contacted me and apparently never responded to eBay. Now finally eBay has refunded my money. Hopefully no one else gets taken by this guy.
  14. E

I’ll try the longer bolt I definitely think the bolt I used could have been a little short. But I don’t understand redrllling the mounting plate to make the pulleys line up.
  15. E

I just looked at my pics. I guess I actually only have 1/4 inch for hub to seat on.