Recent content by ezrider

1. E

American pickers

yes, exactly
  2. E

What is the difference between these twist throttles?

Wear gloves. http://fitnessandhealthsolutions.homestead.com/Pink_boxing_Gloves.jpg No, not those...these...
  3. E

American pickers

I'm pretty sure that the Lou Costello (chubs) guy is married, or at least, chases the farer sex. The Bud Abbott guy? I don't about that guy, but I don't care, he's smart as hell when it comes to old time motorcycles (not to mention bicycles). He knows his shit...no pun intended. He's the...
  4. E

Chain adjustment problem

Thanks, Kid, I'll try that.
  5. E

American pickers

No, they were in business before the tv deals. Watch the American Chopper, Deadliest Catch series, etc. These people were already successful and the tv deals just dumped a lot of cash in their pockets which then you find they are building new shops, ships, riding limos, etc. TV didn't make...
  6. E

American pickers

They've been around long enough and can take an educated guess at their return for an item. The smart ones seek advice on items that they're not schooled on. Normally, these guys hope to sell for 2x their buy price to cover expenses and what-not (the pickers work on slimmer margins than the...
  7. E

American pickers

Yep, just like Pawn Stars. They gotta flip it.
  8. E

American pickers

+2 on the chick, she's got beautiful sultry green eyes, but she's a little over-tatted for my taste.
  9. E

Chain adjustment problem

Thanks for the detailed info, OldSalt. Ok, I've got an azusa drum/sprocket mounted on a tri-star (6-inch) wheel. Do you think I would be able to reassemble the wheel and sprocket/drum assy, spin test it on an axle and make whatever little adjustment available in the wheel bolt/axle holes in...
  10. E

Chain adjustment problem

Thanks, bud, I think I'll head to Northern Tool for some chain.
  11. E

Chain adjustment problem

Thanks C9H13NO3. The chain gets loose then tight; the sprocket looks fine. Thanks derekbmn. I read that thread which was helpful, but the thing is, I don't have a wobbly drum and bouncy sprocket that mmrbungle had (although my sprocket does bounce about 1/16-in (at most) in the vertical...
  12. E

Chain adjustment problem

Well, the chain came with the Azusa kit. Since I don't see any side-to-side wobble, and only about 1/16-inch vertical movement then I guess I have bad chain since that slight vertical movement shouldn't cause 1-inch in slop right?
  13. E

Chain adjustment problem

I'm installing the engine. I've got the sprockets aligned (I think) but when I rotate the rear wheel through a cycle, the chain slop varies from 1/4-inch to about 1-inch. I've got a hilliard heavy duty clutch on a HF 6.5 connected to an azusa drum/sprocket. Before I installed the engine, I...
  14. E

Azusa drum brake rubbing

Thanks, badtek, makes sense to me.
  15. E

Azusa drum brake rubbing

Thanks guys for all your help! I sanded down the high spots and the wheel is spinning and braking nicely!:thumbsup::drinkup: