Recent content by frsmith2

1. F

6.5hp Clone Stalling When Applying Throttle

My mb165 ran great before I put it away. Pulled the carb and cleaned everything up and added fresh fuel. The carb was new last season. Now when I add throttle from idle it immediately stalls. Thoughts based on symptoms? It's an after market carb that you can adjust the pilot...
  2. F

Baja/Hensim Crankshaft without Keyway, Clutch Options

Hello, I've acquired two MB165's, one's a few years old and the other only a year...right before Baja came out with the MB200. Both having the Hensim 6.5hp. I removed the clutch on the older one as I was having some clutch engagement at idle issues, even following putting a new carb and...
  3. F

Where to find throttle/governer springs for Baja 165/200?

I'll check it out...looks like the parts diagram for the Honda GX series motor's throttle is similar, if not the same as the Hensim 196cc motor. Which from the links and looking at the Honda supplier sites are all in stock. Should I assume the GX200 and Hensim motors are what I see people...
  4. F

Where to find throttle/governer springs for Baja 165/200?

I have two used Baja MB165's that I'm bringing back to life. One of them looks to have the correct throttle/governer setup and the other has been messed with - missing springs. I called the parts department at Baja who says all their springs are on back order until December. Are these...
  5. F

Baja MB165/Heat Throttle Control and Front Fork Questions

Hello, A couple things. I bought a couple used MB165's to tear around on some property/trails with my brother. On one of the bikes, we've run into two issues. First, can someone send a pic of a correct throttle/governer assembly? The previous owner when putting the motor back on after...