Recent content by Grandadeo

1. Grandadeo

Minibike Madness at Billetproof!

It was a good day at the "Mini Bike Madness" drags. Not a GREAT day, my son Tim beat me 2 out of 2 runs. Or was it 3 out of 3? Got to meet Kenny P and the guys from West Palm with some very impressive Mini bikes. All I can say is NEXT YEAR!!! Lee
  2. Grandadeo

You betcha Kenny. Things looked bleek for getting my son's mini together after we found out the engine was junk. Pulled out the backup engine and after doing a quick carb flush and some throttle cable rigging he may have it. Tim wasn't going to give up without a fight. Lee
  3. Grandadeo

Flatheads Forever T-Shirt

That's him alright. I'll have to see if they have it in a T-shirt. Thanks Jeep. Anybody else seen Mr. Flathead out there? Lee
  4. Grandadeo

Flatheads Forever T-Shirt

Years ago I had a "Flatheads Forever" T-shirt that has long since made it past the rag bag. The picture was a guy's head with a Briggs type Flathead looking flat top with a spark plug out the top. I think he was wearing red sunglasses. Sure would like to find another one. Any suggestions for...
  5. Grandadeo

My son Tim (thx-138jr) and I will be there. We are trying to get the mini he just picked up ready to go. Mine is all set but won't be much of a contender with a 3 1/2 HP on it. I'll be in my black '32 roadster and Tim will have our mini's in the back of his silver Dodge pickup. Here's my mini...
  6. Grandadeo

Craigslist Find

Hey Tim, did you get it put back together yet? Dad
  7. Grandadeo

Fresh Off Craigslist

Did a little work on the mini bike. Picked up a new seat off epay - black with blue piping to replace the frumpy one that was on it. Installed that over the weekend. Looks a whole lot better. Today, while my son waits for his mini bike being shipped from Boston, we worked on sandblasting his...
  8. Grandadeo

Craigslist Find

Good looking mini Tim. But yours doesn't have the cool leather harley bag hanging from the handle bars like mine does. Dad Oh yeah, and mine cost twice as much as yours did...darn kids.
  9. Grandadeo

Mini Bike Shipping

Well I guess my son couldn't stand that the old man had bought himself a mini bike so he just bought one off the Boston, MA craigslist. His brother in law picked it up this morning. Now he has to figure out the best way to get it shipped to Florida. It's a complete unit with engine, tires...
  10. Grandadeo

Fresh Off Craigslist

Good to hear Jim. When I saw Taiwan stamped on the frame crossmember I knew it wasn't a good old American mini so I also figured it had to be fairly new. There I go thinking again. Lee
  11. Grandadeo

Fresh Off Craigslist

Finally picked up a mini bike today. Been looking off and on for a year and found this one on the local CL. I know this is not a vintage one but it's a start. My son Tim and I had been looking for a frame to start with but this one is running with a 3 HP on it. We want to put a 5 HP Briggs on...
  12. Grandadeo

Old Hot Rodder, New Mini Bike Guy

Bill, still waiting for a response from the craigslist seller. Said he'd get back to us on Monday with a shipping cost. My son Tim emailed him tonight after calling him twice with no answer or answering machine. So I guess we are still looking. Lee
  13. Grandadeo

Thanks guys for the PMs and suggestions on finding a project. Well, looks like we found one. Will know for sure Monday. Then we'll see how hot of an engine we can come up with for going drag racing next month. Lee
  14. Grandadeo

Can't believe it's been over a year since I posted an intro. Nothing much has changed. Still looking for a mini bike frame or one pretty complete less engine to put together. One located in Florida would help keep shipping costs down. Lee
  15. Grandadeo

Hi all, Name is Lee Bearror from down in Jensen Beach, Florida. Grandadeo is the name I use on a few hot rod forums, I'm a grandpa of three. My main habit is old Ford hot rods. Have a '32 Ford roadster and am working on a '48 For F-1 panel truck. I have an old Scat Kitty mini bike with the...