Recent content by HeathC

1. HeathC

Manco build

They made ALL the difference in the world! So much better!
  2. HeathC

Manco build

So things have escalated a bit, as they do....
  3. HeathC

Manco build

Been a while since I've been on here, but things went pretty well with this build and i finally got to race it this past Sunday. It's got a stock GX160 Honda engine with the governor removed. Clocked it at a top speed of 31 mph after i built it. I discovered that i need to go to a 420 chain, so...
  4. HeathC

Manco build

Picked this up from a buddy, and am turning it into a little short track parking lot racer/fun bike. It's all stripped down now and painted black. More to come!
  5. HeathC

It says Garelli but im not so sure, any ideas?

Same engine was used on the Indian Mini-Mini MM5A. Also made by Italjet.
  6. HeathC

1973 Alsport Tri sport TS290

I have one of these waiting for me to go pick it up along with some mini bike stuff. What engines were on these originally?
  7. HeathC

Mini Bike I.D. needed.

From what i can see doing a fair amount of searching, it looks like the red bike is a Manco Trail Cat Model 250. Model 7 had folding pegs and different fork/bars.
  8. HeathC

New guy here with I.D. needed on a couple of frames.

Having a hard time figuring out exactly what that green one is. The seat mount tabs are like the ones on the yellow and the red bike, but the fork is like the one on the blue bike. I think i've narrowed it down to Bird (probably Falcon) because of the seat mount tabs, but i don't know what...
  9. HeathC

Mini Bike I.D. needed.

Cool! Thanks! Can you see enough of the purple on behind the red one to make a designation on what it may be? Sears Roper, perhaps?
  10. HeathC

Stumbled across some more info about the green frame. Looks like it may be either a Sears Puncher or Bird Falcon, because of the front suspension. Do the same things hold true for the tubing diameter being 7/8" (Bird) vs. 1" (Sears)? If anyone is holding, i could use the complete brake mechanism...
  11. HeathC

Got the Huffman stripped down the other day. The pic is before i started. I need to chop off the welded nut and rod sticking out of the left side of the frame, and get it smoothed out, then it's off to sand blasting. i have the fork sitting upside down soaking in PB Blaster so i can try to get...
  12. HeathC

Mini Bike I.D. needed.

Hey all! A buddy of mine has these minis and we're trying to I.D. them. The blue one is similar to the Puma/Gemini that i saw a few posts down and has a Torque A Verter. It looks bigger over all than the Puma, to me, though. The fork is a little different, also. Not sure what the red one is OR...
  13. HeathC

Thanks! I'm sure they're probably rusted in there at least a little bit. Time to break out the PB Blaster!
  14. HeathC

Do those forks come apart? if so, do you know how they come apart? i'd love to be able to pull them all apart and get them cleaned up and/or rechromed.
  15. HeathC

Thanks for that info!!