Recent content by hskr

1. H

SS300 value

Considering my dad picked it up for $50 at an auction and it has been sitting in his shed for two years without being used, $200 was a lot more than he expected to get out of it.
  2. H

SS300 value

Sold it for $200 cash.
  3. H

new member, what is it

Yep, that would be me.
  4. H

SS300 value

And if you think you can make money restoring classic cars, then you don't do a lot of restoring. You usually never get back what you put into cars, no matter what it is. There are those few occasions when it does happen, but not the norm.
  5. H

SS300 value

Alrighty then. Well, thanks anyway. I have nothing into it. Father got it at an auction. Has no use for it. But not going to give it away when it obviously has value to it. Did some google searching last night. It seems $200-$300 is a fair price for it. Listed it for $200 on craigslist...
  6. H

SS300 value

So since you guys let me know what I have, and the rules for "what is it" say not to ask for value there, I will start this thread. What's it worth? I've seen them posted online for $300+, but are they really worth that much? I know how it works, just because someone is asking that much...
  7. H

new member, what is it

Another question. Is the chain guard on it a factory thing, or something added by a previous owner at some time?
  8. H

new member, what is it

Thanks for all the quick replies. You guys are really on it.
  9. H

new member, what is it

Is it just the angle of my picture, but it looks like the fork tubes bend where the fender is. All the pitures of the SS300 I've found all show straight fork tubes.
  10. H

new member, what is it

My dad has this in his shed. He picked it up at an auction. Trying to figure out what it is so I can determine a clue for it. Has a Tecumseh motor. He thinks it's a 5hp one, but he is going to check for sure.