Recent content by Idle159

1. I

Such an awesome hobby!

My son Owen and I reworked his old DB30R. I must say, everyone we have dealt with has been a treat! Eric (The Gray Goat), got us all started and in the right direction. I picked his brain on the phone for quite a while and emailed him back and forth numerous times. He never was annoyed and I...
  2. I

First timers!

Hot dang! Broken bender! I just used my Rigid one I use for work. I have bent miles and miles of conduit with it. He does like it much more with the bent bars. No longer has the handlebars 8" from his chest.
  3. I

First timers!

My son and I finished up his Doodlebug. He loves it! He is very proud of it and I can tell he appreciates it much more due to the amount of wrenching he put in on it. It has a very nice amount of power. No trouble climbing up inclines. Top speed on level road is 34.3 mph. The long hill he used...
  4. I

New style frame doodlebug db30r exhaust

For now, I mounted his old doodlebug tire back on the rear. I now see the difference! Thanks for letting me know.
  5. I

HRM.....HOT ROD MINIBIKE.COM. The muffler, I called a soda can because that is what it looks like. Since he doesn't want it on, I guess we can drill it out to see what it does also. Otherwise, it is going in the trash. The engine is not rubber mounted. Just mounted on an adjustable plate. I...
  6. I

Noise not a problem where we are. Very rural area. Not much around besides orchards and all the farmers ride some crazy stuff. The tire......had no idea about that. Are you talking about the tread only or the shape? Seems everytime I get tires for it, the shape is different. Sometimes they will...
  7. I

Well, I went with a pipe from HRM. It fits, but the grey goat pointed out a flaw I didn't think of.....it is rigidly mounted to frame. I am gonna make a different mount set up for it so it can flex with the engine if needed. Makes sense. I don't know why HRM wants it hard mounted to frame like...
  8. I

Kill Switch on Engine not working

Sooooo, you can start it? Just can't kill it? Ground can be dirty/loose. remove and re attach ground. That is the wire that is bolted to engine directly above the switch on the engine.
  9. I

My son and I are toughening up his old new style doodlebug. We need to change the exhaust for clearance reasons and was wondering if anyone knows if this pipe will fit it and clear the frame? An under seat pipe I feel is not a option...
  10. I

First timers!

I think I found an answer on OMB warehouse. Seems clutch should have movement in and out on the engine shaft. Mine is at .098". That Definetely falls in the .070-.100 range this says. Let me know if you think different. A centrifugal clutch benefits from being able to "float" on the crankshaft...
  11. I

First timers!

So, looking at parts. All look good. I do have a question on the max torque clutch we got. It has about 2.5mm of play in and out on the engine shaft. Is it ok if I get some steel washers or shims to take up must of that? I would really like to see much less movement. I feel leaving it like that...
  12. I

First timers!

Hahaha! As soon as I posted the pics above, the mailman brought my boys parts! Good day good day! Gonna wait for him so he can open them.
  13. I

First timers!

Some pics from yesterday. Nothing too exciting. I am gonna try to go back to HF and see if they will let me swap the gas tank from this one to the one on their display. It is the non epa tank and the fill is on the extreme corner. It would work perfect. I doubt they will. They all seem to hate...
  14. I

First timers!

Sounds about right!
  15. I

First timers!

Thanks for the link! I will give it a look. I was thinking I would remove them and use a conduit bender on them. I am an HVAC mechanic and have bent some insane amounts of conduit!