Found a nice rear tire....finally.

I picked up a pair of these for 40.00 shipped with prime. They are awesome! Lugs are just shy of 5/8". Hopefully they wear well. My son clocks at least 5 miles everyday. He is a trooper. Even when it's in the teens, he is out there riding. The tires are SunF A051 power II 145/70-6. Very robust and a lot firmer than all of the tires we have used in the past. We always go with 6 ply because of the speeds he goes (54mph), but he wears them down quick. He gets just about a month out of a rear tire. We will see how well these do. Btw, he thinks these are badass. image.jpeg image.jpeg

I just picked these up both 4.80-8
The Snow Hog and XTrac are marketed as snowblower tires, do they hold up in the heat? Tire manufacturers use different rubber compounds for different temperature ranges. For example, summer cars tires are not to be used below 40 degrees F and can actually shatter in freezing temps (I once saw a Tire Rack video in which they froze a section of a summer tire, removed it from the freezer, smacked it on a table and it shattered!). Winter car tires can turn to goo in hot weather. I also wonder about the speed rating, most lawn and garden tires are rated A3 (9 mph max) if speed rated at all, I wonder if snowblower tires could be rated even lower due to the walk-behind design of snowblowers (A1 is 3 mph, A2 is 6 mph; yes, these are real speed ratings). The Carlisle site has been down for quite a while so no useful info available there. Could you run 30, 40, 50+ mph on tires designed/rated for a maximum speed of 9 mph without a catastrophic failure? Maybe...

I know a lot of people run lawn and garden tires on minibikes, but, unless you are just going to putt around the yard, I don't think it's wise.

The Snow Hog and XTrac are marketed as snowblower tires, do they hold up in the heat? Tire manufacturers use different rubber compounds for different temperature ranges. For example, summer cars tires are not to be used below 40 degrees F and can actually shatter in freezing temps (I once saw a Tire Rack video in which they froze a section of a summer tire, removed it from the freezer, smacked it on a table and it shattered!). Winter car tires can turn to goo in hot weather. I also wonder about the speed rating, most lawn and garden tires are rated A3 (9 mph max) if speed rated at all, I wonder if snowblower tires could be rated even lower due to the walk-behind design of snowblowers (A1 is 3 mph, A2 is 6 mph; yes, these are real speed ratings). The Carlisle site has been down for quite a while so no useful info available there. Could you run 30, 40, 50+ mph on tires designed/rated for a maximum speed of 9 mph without a catastrophic failure? Maybe...

I know a lot of people run lawn and garden tires on minibikes, but, unless you are just going to putt around the yard, I don't think it's wise.
We will see how they work I’m most likely not going to use the xtrac. A lot of guys run the snow hogs and seem to have no issues we will see!

I need one for the Trail King. The tire with the tighter tread pattern would work. The open tread design ( both tires for a snow blower) would not hold up to the sharp rocks.
The tires on the Hawg Ty are almost new. But I do appreciate the thought.

I have run the Snow Hogs on several bikes before over sharp rocks, mud and loose gravel, and paved roads, they have held up great! I always use twice the amount of green slime and make sure the tires are properly inflated. The XTRAC, I have only used a couple of times. They have an awesome tread that will go thru anything. The only downside is that they have a square tread and don't seem to turn very well on smooth roads when cornering. Maybe you can round out the edges with some drifting?