Recent content by Jack Howard

1. J

Wards 525 (Gilson) Pictures

It does run good. I was riding it today. I will pull it when I gather all the parts and put it on the shelf for later. Thanks for tip Jack
  2. J

Yup, I would like one after I finish upgrades I plan to paint.
  3. J

need assistance on what to order for the jackshaft

MiniBikin this is Jack Howard - My Wards / Gilson needs new rear wheel and jackshaft replaced. The welded sprocket is shot and the rear wheel and sprocket is also shot. Might as well get new brakes also. You intimated you may have a solution? Not finding joy on internet.
  4. J

Ordered shocks, yard is bumpy. Thanks Again
  5. J

I want to build it to ride, clean it up paint etc, we have 3 acres to buzz around on. I will put HF 212 (wife bought), shocks (already ordered), need to order jackshaft with the proper gears. I have six inch wheels on it with original tires (Riversides) with band brake. I want to replace rear...
  6. J

Thanks for the tip, I was going to wait but not at that price.
  7. J

I really like the welcome, I will call OldMiniBikes and order the parts. I lived in Dayton Ohio for 12 years but grew up in Michigan. I think jack shaft and gears / rear wheel next move. Struts as I get the cash. Thanks again Buckeye, CarPlayLB and Minibikin
  8. J

Looks like I bungled the picture. Jack Howard
  9. J

Pictures of my Mini Bike, I have got the front forks to work (PB Blaster) engine Briggs & Stratton 3.5 runs OK. Bought a HF 212 and a Max Torque clutch. As you can see the rear suspension is solid, but has swing arm. I think it should have shocks which begs the question what would be the...
  10. J

Finally I got my Mini Bike

My name is Jack Howard from Lansing Michigan and I just got a Mini Bike, I told wife it was for the grand son but actually it is for me. It is a old Gilson - Wards 525 with a 3 1/2 horse Briggs and Stratton engine. I cleaned up the carburator and it runs nice. The bike still has the Riverside...