Recent content by JaxBug

1. J

Help New db 30 wont idle.

Well I did find the mixture screw...It's located under a black plastic plug on the right side (as you ride) of the carb. We removed the plug and just as Restorekid said....no adjustment. The screw in needle is designed to be changed out, not adjusted, and its in there very loose....So where can...
  2. J

Here are som pics of the carb. Where is the fuel/air mixture adjustment?
  3. mms_picture_2

mms_picture_2

New DB 30 carb
  4. mms_picture_3

mms_picture_3

New DB 30 carb
  5. mms_picture

mms_picture

New DB 30 carb
  6. J

Reporting back...... The bug still won't idle properly. I've adjusted the idle screw to the point where it wants to engage the clutch and that just doesn't seem to be right. I have to run it at about 3/4 choke and my son has to keep on the gas while braking to keep the engine running. Also after...
  7. J

Thanks again. I was looking at some pictures of the replacement carbs other people were talking about and did see the air/fuel screw with black plastic cap. I'll give that a try and report back.
  8. J

Thanks for all the advice. We have the bike stashed at my brother-in-laws house untill christmas, but I don't remember an air/fuel mixture screw in the middle of the carb. My dad is helping and he has alot of expierence with this sort of thing and he seems to remember a plug. In other words the...
  9. J

Thanks. We checked the plug..It was pretty black and sooty, but the gap was ok. We also drained and removed the float bowl to see if any trash was in there, but nothing. I guess we will take the carb off an clean it and try again.
  10. J

Just put together new db30 and the motor wont idle and stalls coming off throttle. Tried adjusting idle screw and running at part choke, but still stalls and has no power. Help!
  11. J

Just got a DB30

Yeah. It looked pretty sraight forward and I can't wait to get it together. :smile:
  12. J

Just got a DB30

Ok, I'm new and so far the site looks great! I just got a DB30 for my boy for x-mas and I need to put it together. What am I getting into?