Recent content by John ONeal

1. John ONeal

Bored GX 390 carb on GX 270

Thanks for the input . I re-installed the OEM carb and the engine ran fine, This allowed me to isolate my problems to the 390 carb . I disassembled it and cleaned it thoroughly. I re-installed it and started up with the main jet sizing . At .041 the motor responds well to the throttle and runs...
  2. John ONeal

Bored GX 390 carb on GX 270

I installed an NR racing stage II kit in my Honda GX 270 . It included a cam /springs 4 degree key, intake manifold, air filter, a bored 390 Gx carb plus Robertson H loop exhaust system. The carb is 23.5 mm bore a .037 main and a .025 pilot with a stock E tube . The kit installed easily and the...
  3. John ONeal

clone throttle hookup secrets!

Just another method to "git er done"
  4. John ONeal

Clutch removal issues

Thanks for the ideas. It was just tight on the shaft. A tapered wedge in behind the clutch and a couple of sharp raps it popped right off. Thanks again for the help.
  5. John ONeal

Clutch removal issues

I have the 97cc DB engine and need to remove the stock clutch. I have removed the bolt and washer from the end of the engine output shaft, but can`t get the clutch to move outward and off. I am sure there is a recommended method to this removal process. How about a little insight from you guys...
  6. John ONeal

lets see pics of your hotrod clones

6.5 Lifan Milled head , port matched, short sides blended , 1.3 rockers 18 lb springs, ported carb .038 main jet .024 starting homemade header & flo thru muffler
  7. John ONeal

97 cc Baja performance mods

Thanks guys for the info. One last question about the 97 cc Baja engine . Is it a clone of the Honda GX 100 ??? Does anybody out there know ? Thanks again for the help.
  8. John ONeal

97 cc Baja performance mods

Does anyone sell aftermarket performance parts for the 97cc db30 engine ? Also are there any sources of info. on this engine available ????
  9. John ONeal

2.8 Lifan

Bandit 40; Thanks for the info. I thought they were the same , just not sure.
  10. John ONeal

Allen; Please let me know what you want for one or a package deal on both.

Allen; Please let me know what you want for one or a package deal on both.
  11. John ONeal

2.8 Lifan

It is the same size as the db30 engine. I am not certain if it is the same manufacturer. Perhaps one of the members with a broader knowledge base could answer that one.
  12. John ONeal

2.8 Lifan

Looking for a 2.8 Lifan engine stock ( New or Good condition used)