Recent content by johnhos

1. J

My beach cart

I was thinking about making removable sides like yours zeeman and Big Jim which would have made it a lot easier to pack into the covered trailer that we were using but I was running short on time and finished it a 1/2 hour before we have to pack the trailer. I was thinking that I should make a...
  2. J

My beach cart

It's not normally a problem taking stuff from the car to the beach the problem is when we go back to the car after everyone has collected their "treasures" from the beach and can't carry the other stuff back.
  3. J

My bike stand

I don't have that problem with mine as I made the base for the stand over twice the length of the top and the legs are made from 25mm*8mm flat bar so its not exactly light.
  4. J

My beach cart

I made a cart for when we went camping at the beach at Christmas time (only just got round to taking photos of it). Its made from 2 hand trucks, front axle from a JD RX75, some left over fence palings and 2 extra wheels(cause it looked better with duels on the back). We used it to carry our 2...
  5. J

My bike stand

I decided that I'd make a stand for working on my mini bike I got some epoxy chip board (thanks Dad) which looks more like a hard plastic for the top which I haven't cut up yet
  6. J

Sad News from Steven Durham

sorry for your loss Steven
  7. J

kirby Tecumseh 3.5hp?

i guess no one has an answer of me :shrug:
  8. J

kirby Tecumseh 3.5hp?

I'm looking for some info about this engine, mainly the equivalent Tecumseh engine as I want to pull the engine apart to check it but I want to fit new gaskets after. I did find a small tag on the engine: E1026 24293 Also stamped on a casting(which I guess is the date) 19-0-55
  9. J

briggs 5hp supercharger ideas ?

Why don't you use an offset key on the flywheel? to retard the timing?
  10. J

Briggs disassembly and assembly

This site I found shows disassembly and assembly of a Briggs motor that you might find interesting UofWindsorEngineManual
  11. J

mini bike speed questions

You could change your gearing and or fit a TAV??
  12. J

8HP Briggs problem

Thanks for the info metal man and Richard I think I'll have another look at the carb this weekend
  13. J

8HP Briggs problem

I've got a Bolens Horse with a 8HP IC Briggs engine when I got it it was leaking petrol every where and blowing back out the carb so i've: Adjusted the valve clearance for the intake valve (now at 006") as it was being held open (the exhaust was ok) The float bowl gasket and the gasket...
  14. J

N.Z. made Tru Test

I like the colour that you've used on the frame
  15. J

HS50 Won't Start

remove the air filter and pour a table spoon of petrol down the carb and try and start it, if it's got compression and plenty of spark then it will run for a few seconds.