Recent content by JRMN

1. J

Hey David, where did you get the triple tree from you used on your mini bike...

Hey David, where did you get the triple tree from you used on your mini bike? http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/91749-customized-mini-bike-i-guess.html
  2. J

The MBX11 front fork assemblies are now available

"Basically identical to DB-30 as it bolts right up instantly." Gotcha. Some mini bikes have triple clamps similar to dirt/pit bikes and others have a steering bolt with steering sleeve. Sounds like the MBX11 has the latter setup. thanks
  3. J

Thanks for the description, but an image is worth a thousand words. I remember seeing a photo or two, but can't remember where I saw it.
  4. J

Does anyone have any photos of the steering stem and bearings for the MBX11? I am thinking about purchasing it to use on another project of mines.
  5. J

Comment by 'JRMN' in media 'DB30 chain guide'

Sorry but that doesn't appear to be what I am looking for. Thanks though.
  6. J

Doodlebug Chain Tensioner

Looking for a doodlebug chain tensioner and chain adjuster bolt.
  7. J

Crankshaft Replacement

I believe the clutch was never the issue. After replacing the crankshaft, I started the bike without the clutch and a chain. When I saw the crankshaft spinning, I thought I still had the issue with the bike pulling. However, someone pointing out that the crankshaft is supposed to spin when...
  8. J

Crankshaft Replacement

Yeah it was a good experience, couldn’t have done without you all. I did manage to get the chain back on with the extra links that WrenchDad gave me. Now all I have to do is work on a chain tensioner. I will let you all know how I make out when I actually get to drive it.
  9. J

Pulling without twisting throttle

Roger that. You guys haven't let me down yet. lol
  10. J

@buckeye, I'll have to take a photo when I get home, but it's the stock engine and carb. @toomanytoys, yeah my clutch and chain isn't on, so maybe it is working. Thanks. What type of grease are you guys using on the clutch's hub bushing?
  11. J

Ok guys, I got the engine reassembled today. I started the engine just to make sure it ran, so I haven't connected the chain yet. Plus I still need to get a chain tensioner. The engine ran as it did before, but I noticed the crankshaft was spinning. I guess that means I'm back to square one...
  12. J

Crankshaft Replacement

I finally got the engine reassembled. To my surprise it started up. Although, I am still having the issue with it pulling. I believe it's the idler. Going troubleshoot that issue in my other thread. Thanks for helping me get the crankshaft installed.
  13. J

Yeah a mechanic friend told me that other day. lol I'm actually glad I looked at the clutch because I wouldn't have known the crankshaft was jacked. I've since replaced it with a used one that Camjamsdad gave me. I still have a few more things to do before I put the engine back in the bike...
  14. J

Crankshaft Replacement

Ok, I got the good crankshaft in yesterday. I haven't finished resembling the engine yet. I still have to add oil, tighten the flywheel, connect the fuel tank and cross my fingers and hope I did everything right. lol
  15. J

Crankshaft Replacement

Yup got that. Is the camshaft gear supposed to sit up higher than the crankshaft gear? It currently sitting lower, but I thought it sat higher?