Recent content by Juniortore1

1. Juniortore1

Torque Convertor Madness

I swear I have just about seen it all myself LOL. I use graphite on all "lubable" parts about weekly depending on how much I ride it. But something I never thought of is doubling the springs in the secondary. I have heard of using the spring from the 40 series (red I think) But two springs...
  2. Juniortore1

Torque Convertor Madness

Hmmm. All I know is that all of the stores I go to selling the 340 say "up through 8hp" or "up to 8hp". I just know the 500 series would cover me for like... eternity. I would love to get a Polar but that is quite over my price range lol
  3. Juniortore1

Torque Convertor Madness

@rmm727 By jr. dragster you mean 340 right? Everywhere I go the 340 is rated 8hp. I know you all say it can handle a lot more, but people say the same with the 30 series which seems to be incorrect in the long run. I want to get a torque convertor that I can set it and forget it, so return to...
  4. Juniortore1

Torque Convertor Madness

@turftech 1: That is what I think I am going to do. Get a proper sized pipe, cut a notch in it and make a custom keyway. It sure beats spending 30 bucks for something that cost maybe two in parts haha @125ccCrazy: I know the genuine comet jackshaft plates are much more durable. I have a mini...
  5. Juniortore1

Torque Convertor Madness

That would be so cool if these companies would do that. I am sure I could have trashed my TAV much sooner but I knew it was on its last leg for a while so I rode it smooth instead of doing my typical "neutral slams" (idle to engagement @ full throttle). A 3/4 40 series would be perfectly ideal...
  6. Juniortore1

Torque Convertor Madness

Alright. Ill check into them. I was looking into polar but that was a bit expensive for what I can do sadly. Although it sounded perfectly ideal. As for the 340. Everywhere I go says they are rated up to 8hp. Everybody says they can handle more, but they also say the tav can handle much more...
  7. Juniortore1

Torque Convertor Madness

Ill bump this thread until I get an answer. I really need some help here (background, skip if ur lazy) Alright. I have had a TAV2 for quite some time now. Probably two years. Over them two years my engine has been getting more and more modifications, causing a hellof a lot more torque, HP, and...
  8. Juniortore1

TAV drive on Predator - any issues?

LOL! Im about to make a thread about this. They are excellent for these engines. Besides when you get to the point your pulling a nonstop 4800rpm and producing a shit ton of torque and hammer it all the time. I have never heard of such a thing but I done it, I broke the jackshaft! Well, the...
  9. Juniortore1

Anybody have a pic of a 6.5 clone with the side cover off?

Try checking out the "Photos" section of the forum. Its under the OLDMINIBIKES logo where it lists: Home, Forum, Photos. Theres plenty of gx200/ 6.5 clone stuff going on there. Lemme know
  10. Juniortore1

How much RPM will an AGK .265 cam produce?

I hit 6200 as a record, but know it can go much more. I just threw on a 390 carburetor and I am tuning it right now. Once I get some more parts, I will run this cam as far as it will go... until I get a better one, once my system is blow-up proof. Remember, the simple 265 cam (236in/ex) does not...
  11. Juniortore1

hard pull start on clone...

Good information, it helped me out! :thumbsup::drinkup: :grind: ianmanning26 "i was having the same problem, it was driving me crazy. i installed a new cam, rod and piston and all of a sudden it was almost impossible to pull the cord and it would jerk back and rip out of my hand. checked timing...
  12. Juniortore1

predator muffler/header

Do know, less restriction is nothing like a header. Obviously, stock mufflers are very restrictive, and less restriction would help. A header however, does more than lower restriction when tuned. When hot and cut to proper length, it will make the exhaust get pulled out by the last cycles...
  13. Juniortore1

TAV Question

OldMiniBikes has the primary springs (weight springs) which is where I got mine. I am do not like how the 3300+ springs just cause the primary to spin on my belt and wear until I am going like 15 miles per hour. I like how they hold RPM, but with the belt issue, I am back on the 2200s until I get some...
  14. Juniortore1

Needing help with getting my 265 cam

with the 265 there is nothing else you really need. Its just one thing you throw in with some 18lb springs, set lash and ride. No need for rockers, push rods, ect. With 4500, no rod and flywheel may be okay. I am starting to see numbers in the 5200's with my 265 cam and other things. I need...
  15. Juniortore1

TAV Question

You can spin them as fast as you would like with proper tuning. With tighter weight springs and a yellow secondary spring. Ungoverned is fine until you have a few engine mods like a camshaft, and have low enough gear. Without low gear you will hit an RPM flatline. I am running a mini baja...