Recent content by koolaid man

1. K

Trying to find a replacement gear

They carry the exact gear that I need (with no side hubs) for $20 shipped so I guess I'll be ordering from there. Thanks Shoe and Ruppster81.
  2. K

What company is that? (I think of Body mass index, sorry)
  3. K

Thanks for posting that link! I'll be ordering one soon.
  4. K

I found this #9T Drive Sprocket 5/8" Bore # 41 Chain GoKart-MiniBike - eBay (item 370138274061 end time Jan-30-09 12:00:01 PST) So, #420 is 1/2" tooth gap, and #41 is 5/8" tooth gap. I'm glad to hear it should work. And actually, I think that would mean less chance of stripping again. I just...
  5. K

Thanks for the help guys. From what I see, akronbearing.com doesn't have an online catalog or online store. I'll search local then the internet. Thanks again everyone.
  6. K

Thanks for your help. I looked up the karts manual online and found the part on it. Manco Part 8720 : SPROCKET 420P 9T INTEGRAL KEY I wish it wasn't going to be $27.40 (shipped) for a tiny 9t gear. I'll pay it if I have to though. Part Description: D-KEY 3/16 X 1/8 X .500 I wonder if I can...
  7. K

My go kart's small gear is stripped and it can't be ridden until the gear is replaced. It's a Manco Phoenix Baja 200 (It's just like a Manco Dingo, they might have even just changed the name). Anyways, there's a 30 series torque converter, and attached to its shaft (not the engine's shaft, but...
  8. K

My new gocart vid- Manco Baja 200

I swear I tried it with like 15 tracks. No rock or anything else seemed to work well, so I went with it. Sorry it's not your taste:smile: I like almost all music. And I think most people think this track goes fine with the vid.
  9. K

Thanks for all the kind replies. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it.
  10. K

Felt like posting... 6.5 hp harbor freight clone and comet 30 series torque converter. YouTube - Manco go kart Just ignore the note at the beginning.
  11. K

Pocketbikes suck *race video*

Agreed. And one other thing I forgot to mention, it's unbelievable how fast they drink gas. He'd have it out for just over 10 minutes and his tank would be empty. No leaks or anything.
  12. K

Pocketbikes suck *race video*

I raced a pocket bike today... They're slow. And extremely loud.:doah: I'm sticking with my mini.:scooter: youtube.com/watch?v=1UUjcym07GQ Also note his pullstart didn't even recoil:hammer:
  13. K

Worth it?

GTO, I don't know what it is but there's something extremely attractive about that mini just the way it is, right down to the engine.
  14. K

Worth it?

I saw the "Delray entry" when you were building it, great job on both minis.:wink: Who knows the bike I saw on craigslist... I tried to ID it on here but no one was sure really. You're right, those handlebars are rare style. I think the old DB's had them too? For all we know the mini on...
  15. K

Worth it?

I've never seen an old manco mini even in pictures. This is the closest I could find. A picture of an old streaker. So do you have a restored old manco mini? Fill me in of you do.:wink: