Recent content by LMUdave

1. L

Hawg Ty tire/stem question. Please help

Thanks guys, got her fixed up quick!
  2. L

Hawg Ty tire/stem question. Please help

Hi guys, A few years back i fixed up my father in laws Hawg Ty minibike. He proceeded to use it once and let it sit along the side of the house to rot :( He wants to ride it in the fourth of July parade coming up but told me the rear tire has a flat... says it is leaking from the...
  3. L

What have I found here? Tecumseh h60 questions

Still have this motor a year later. Im thinking its a bit too big for my intended use on a bc500. Any idea what an engine like this might be worth? Ive tried to look it up but am coming up blank on the H60 searches. Im thinking a nice 5hp small block might be just the ticket for my bike. Thanks
  4. L

Bonanza parts

Ill take the tank mount
  5. L

H50 throttle assembly kit.

Would love one of the kits, if you make up another set of them. Thanks
  6. L

Awesome. Thanks guys
  7. L

Are there any issues to starting it without the electrical system all hooked up? Don't want to fry anything. Any recommendations on oil type/weight/amount ?
  8. L

Stumbled upon this engine on Craigslist for just a few bucks and thought it would be pretty cool to put into my bonanza bc1000. Trouble is I don't know much about it, and don't want to try starting it without getting some recommendations from you guys on proper reconditioning so as to not ruin...
  9. L

Bonanza bc1000 first ride after partial restoration!!

Thanks guys, Anybody have an idea how much powder coating a frame and forks typically runs??
  10. L

This thread is a bit of a fail.. but I'm having a lot of trouble with getting images loaded and matched up.... and I can't seem to edit anything after 5 minutes.... oh well. Long story short... I got a nice old bonanza running and looking good again. Took my kids out for a spin and they loved...
  11. L

Poor front badge area got 2 big scratches when I went to rivet the badge back on. Oh well, live and learn. Think I want to powercoat this frame anyway now that I've invested this much time into it. You can see I painted the front foot pegs, but changed my mind and decided to strip and...
  12. L

The wheels were from Ebay.... showed up in really rough shape with layers of old paint, rusted shut hardware.... scrubbed em clean and polished... had to remove the old "general tire" set as I just didn't trust the old ones, the old sprocket was rusted up too
  13. L

damn.. can't edit pictures onto these!
  14. L

Ended up with 2 different badges. One is raised lettering and just says "Bonanza" the other is a standard bonanza badge that I ended up using. Unfortunately the original raised lettering one had been stripped and painted over about 10 times already. Tried using oven cleaner but no luck. Oh...