Recent content by mariner12

1. mariner12

Drag race kart

That is my "Green Mamba" scooting around. So glad to have it right finally.
  2. mariner12

Drag race kart

Even worked on the regular track after the drag portion was finished. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9wMMbXfWqZI
  3. mariner12

Drag race kart

Sorry gents, haven't been on here in awhile. Carb ended up being the issue. I sent it out to Snyders (jr dragster side of the sport), and they re-jetted the carb and cut the slide. I played around with the bathroom scale and 5200 was the sweet spot. Set the clutch, raced last Sunday and...
  4. mariner12

Best tire for kart dirt drags?

Gathering opinions on tire options. We run a 233' loose dirt drag strip (think Street Outlaws for karts in the dirt). Most use old race karts with ATV tires. For the application I use 13x5-6 Carlisle Xtrac tires, and they grip alright. Would swapping to a Hoosier or Burris grooved 12x8-6...
  5. mariner12

Drag race kart

Jimmy has done wonders for tuning the carb and engine. All in all I'm trying to make the kart do something it wasn't supposed to. Dig racing in dirt is quite a different application. He suggested a bit more jet, so I'm giving that a shot tomorrow, if I'm still not happy then bigger bore will be...
  6. mariner12

Drag race kart

Turning into a good thread. The flywheel is a billet ultra light. I swapped to a 11/77 this morning, and not too much change. Anything past that I'm out of sprocket clearance. Only other option is to drop to an outboard mounted 9 tooth driver but I will run into lateral clearance issues on...
  7. mariner12

Drag race kart

Arc sells the rod and piston kit. HP is off the dyno at JRPW. 5,000 rpm was his suggestion for clutch setup. Didn't get a max torque number from him just HP. Launching lower bogs the engine more. Don't know if I need to be higher.
  8. mariner12

Drag race kart

Looking for some outside ideas on how to get a kart to leave harder from a standing start. 20℅ of passes the engine bogs from the dig at WOT, but otherwise does well. A group of friends and I race a 233' dirt drag we built. I pull like a train mid range and up top. Looking to put more power...
  9. mariner12

9 tooth clutch sprocket

I can run 40, 41, or 420 chain. Don't have room for a jackshaft.
  10. mariner12

9 tooth clutch sprocket

I'm in need of a 9 tooth clutch sprocket preferably for a Hilliard clutch. I need more gear ratio but don't have room for a taller drive gear. I've searched and can't find one. Any help would be appreciated.
  11. mariner12

2 speed go kart?

Has anyone ran a two speed jackshaft like mini bikes run on a kart? I'm curious as how to set it up, and if it makes a big difference in torque output.
  12. mariner12

governor removal questions on predator 212

The rod I agree with, the flywheel I can't. I run a dirt road course with an unlimited motor I built turning 7200rpm on a tight track regularly. There are much better "power" buys for $100 than a flywheel.
  13. mariner12

hampton roads dyno

Looking to see if anyone has a small engine dyno or knows of a shop with one. I'm in need of some dyno work. I'm in Hampton Roads, VA anywhere within a 2 hour ride would be great. With how big Langley Kart racing in I'm suprised one isnt easier to find. Thanks
  14. mariner12

fuel, and clutch engagement?

What is the best way to advance the timing to 32*. I see the offset keys but I'm not sure which one to use.
  15. mariner12

fuel, and clutch engagement?

Thanks to all for the info, just had a pretty fun two days of racing. Ended up buying a Dover Performance "holy moses" carb. Torque has picked up over the larger carbs. I'm still not getting off the line as well as I would like. Have a friend with same kart set up but stock motor getting me off...