Recent content by Martymcfly

1. M

how to install valve keepers and locks?

How On earth do I install These spring retainers and keepers? I see how the retainers work, but the keepers have me stumped. I'm using my phone or else id do a search. Any thread someone can link me too? Thanks a bunch.
  2. M

Pardon my ignorance, but is the magnet near the flywheel the coil?

Im assuming the magnet next to the flywheel is the coil, just never really thought about it...Am I right in assuming this? Also, what is the spacing between the magnet and flywheel. I just kind of judged it by sight, but have a feeler gauge now, and can place it within spec if someone was so...
  3. M

What valve train mods necessary for Predator reliablity? Running 18lb valve springs

Are these items they sell on OldMiniBikes's site? Thanks guys.
  4. M

Air Filter adapter for my Predator?

awesome, thanks alot! I wonder if Id be able to find the right size stud at Ace Hardware or what not.
  5. M

What valve train mods necessary for Predator reliablity? Running 18lb valve springs

i already have 18lb valve springs but Im reading about people dropping valves. Im curious as to what mods would eliminate my concerns of this happening. Thanks alot guys
  6. M

hey, that is a great idea! Is this a common modification that clone guys are having to do in order to run a intake adapter? I didnt realize modifications were needed when purchasing these products.
  7. M

I recently purchased a Intake and air filter adapter for my Harbor Freight Predator?. The ARC Adapter I purchased looks like this: Is this the correct piece for the Predator? The bolt on the bottom side of the carb isnt long enough to get a nut on because the adapter is too thick. I hope...
  8. M

Kart bogs and stumbles after changing main jet and emulsion tube. Any advice?

Milk shakes and constipation :) nice. Ok well it makes me feel better knowing that that is the issue. Now its time to get the correct parts and I'll be on my way :)
  9. M

Kart bogs and stumbles after changing main jet and emulsion tube. Any advice?

I must say the kart was running fine with the stock carb setup, but as soon as I changed the jetand emulsion tube, the kart will stumble and hesitate at wide open throttle. I'm using the stock intake and exhaust, with 18lb valve springs, aluminum flywheel, and removed governor. Like I say the...
  10. M

Help! Predator won't start after installing 18lb valve springs

Oops meant .003. Found the problem! Missing one bolt that bolted the intake onto the carb...so the carb wasn't flush with the block. Lots of air seeping through. Put on a bolt and woolaa! She runs great!
  11. M

Help! Predator won't start after installing 18lb valve springs

Long time lurker, first time poster. Well guys and gals, I'm sitting in my storage unit working on this go kart and I can't get the dang thing to stay running. It starts at full choke, but will quickly die out soon there after. I replaced the flywheel with an aluminum, removed the...