Recent content by mattber

1. M

Tecumseh HS40-50 Stroke

Do the Tecumseh HS40 and HS50 both have the same stroke?
  2. M

Mikuni jetting help

I have been building a twin engine go kart over the winter and it is nearing completition. It is powered by two Tecumseh HS50's. I built the hs50s with billet rods, new rings, seals, etc... I milled the head down a little to bump up the compression, fabricated a intake for the mikuni and opened...
  3. M

356 OHV 5.5 tecumseh Cam in a HS50

Will a 356 OHV 5.5hp cam fit in a HS50? I know the arc rods will, but will the cam? They look the same? Like this one? Tecumseh Dyno Cams Camshafts 356 OHV 5 5 HP U2 Race Engine Karts | eBay
  4. M

Tecumesh HS50 with Mikuni Help

Here are some pictures of it. Going back through my email the cams might not be as expensive as I thought. If I get the cams what else will I have to get for them? When I had the kart together two years ago it went 50mph with hs50's that did not really run right. I would like to go 60mph with...
  5. M

I wanted to play it safe so I just knocked .010 off. I can always knock more off. I have a couple of spare heads so I will knock some off those and can switch those out later. I didnt get a cam because this is going on a twin engine go kart and two cams would be close to $500. I also have a...
  6. M

The bore is also .020 over.
  7. M

Yes, I have arc billet rod with the govoner removed. (Cylinders have been honed, fresh rings, head studs, port work, made my own intake) Anything I can do to gain something extra power. (I was going to run alcohol but I would have to advance the timing etc..) There is still plenty of room to...
  8. M

I have a tecumseh HS50 I am rebuilding. I have a mikuni 24mm taper bore carb. I shaved the head .010 for more compression. I plan on running turbo blue fuel. What range jet sizes will I need? Thanks for the help.
  9. M

Vintage Twin Engine Bug Sprint Build

These are the lastest pictures of chassis pretty much complete.
  10. M

Vintage Twin Engine Bug Sprint Build

So last year I picked up a twin engine bug sprint. When I got it I decided to tear it down and repaint it. I ended up driving it for the summer, but was never happy with it. It would go 50mph but I wanted it to look better. So a couple of months ago I decided to tear it down again, the first...
  11. M

HS50 help!

I have two hs50s that I run on my twin engine go kart. I decided to take them both apart and clean them up and upgrade them some. The first engine came apart no problem, but on the second engine I cant get the side cover off. It comes out about a 1/4" and stops. When it moves the crank moves...
  12. M

milling a hs50 head?

How long did you make your fire slot and how deep?
  13. M

milling a hs50 head?

Im going to mill the head to bump the compresion up. Im also going to run alcohol and a mikuni carb. I figured the alcohol would like the added compression. I'll probably end up putting a fire slot in as well.
  14. M

running a fuel pump?

Thank you. Do i have to worry about oil getting in the pump and Gumming it up running it like tha?
  15. M

running a fuel pump?

I never noticed a crankcase vent on my tecumseh hs50s. Where is it located?